High Clearance Rear Bumper Options

All, I’m running EVO DTD with rear Cantilever. What clearance rear bumpers are you guys running that don’t require cutting out the rear cross member? I am looking for the best departure angle. I am not crazy about the rear facia look either. Post pics please!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha. That's the perfect look. 🤘👍
View attachment 286272

Now this ^^^^^ us the best option :yup:

20171202141451-bdf4945f.jpg

Exodus 4x4

Haha! Beat ya to it!

What else do us consultants do when it's cold and rainy out...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Lol, do you ever go home?

The OP said that he's running a DTD which has an EVO Lever in the rear. That REQUIRES you to have a rear cross member and therefore, this bumper is NOT an option.
I knew there was trimming involved but didn’t realize it removed the entire crossmember.

Now this ^^^^^ us the best option :yup:

20171202141451-bdf4945f.jpg

Yep, same here. Just threw some d-ring mounts in mine and called it good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I knew there was trimming involved but didn’t realize it removed the entire crossmember.

Yup, over 4" need to get hacked off and that's basically the cross member.
Yep, same here. Just threw some d-ring mounts in mine and called it good.

If EVO had the D-ring option available back in the day, we would have done that for sure. Fortunately, Rubicat was able to get them and really, it's the best way to go. At least, I have yet to see an instance where I was feeling the need for more clearance in the rear end.
20170616155951-e662d76e.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks all. Yes, sounds like either custom or facia... I love this one from VKS: https://goo.gl/images/rsccF6

But also requires cutting rear cross member too [emoji36].

Clearly, this is just my opinion but for the love of god, that thing looks like ass :icon_crazy:

Not sure why you're so determined to do anything at all but I'm sure a lot of that has to do with me being a mall crawler.

RSQCON

Savvy off-road has a new design that does not require cutting out the rear crossmember...see the blue Jeep pictured.
IMG_0938.jpg

That VKS might look a little better if you removed the dimple die cut off section and replaced it with a solid piece and did the same on the wings.

J

JKDream

I'm really happy with my Ace rear bumper. It's the Halfback model. Sits completely flush to the frame, pretty much the same clearance as no bumper but no cutting required. Works for me as law says you need one here.

IMG_20171004_182003_01_01.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom