Rockhard 4X4 Sport Cage Install Problem

Good2Go

I’m installing the Sport Cage in my 2016 JKU and I have an issue with the passenger vertical side bar. I have a wiring harness for an ARB twin compressor routed through the firewall to go to an under seat mount and it is blocking the bar from fully inserting.

I’m thinking I’ll have to move the compressor to under the hood to reroute the wiring because there isn’t any slack to move it out of the way.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thx,

GraniteCrystal

I think you can still get it in. If not, consider routing the wiring for the compressor differently. I went down out of the engine bay, then back up.

JAGS

Hooked
Can you not run it from the floor to behind the dash and then through the firewall?

I'm assuming you mean the the firewall location that is towards the top/right or left of the dash that goes to engine bay.

I have my ARB fridge harness loom going through in the passenger side. Though I did the wiring after the cage was in, I was able to feed the wire behind the dash and conceal it that way.

Good2Go

I was able to pull some slack in from the compressor side and route the wiring so it fit. I’ll splice in some xtra wire length after the pre-fit is done. I’ll try the other locations for wiring next time so I don’t need to route them past the cage iron.

Thanks for all the responses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I was able to pull some slack in from the compressor side and route the wiring so it fit. I’ll splice in some xtra wire length after the pre-fit is done. I’ll try the other locations for wiring next time so I don’t need to route them past the cage iron.

Thanks for all the responses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watch out when extending the wiring for compressor. I might be wrong and I am not am electrician by any means but I have heard/read that by extending the wiring, you might be loosing amp edge to the compressor

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
Watch out when extending the wiring for compressor. I might be wrong and I am not am electrician by any means but I have heard/read that by extending the wiring, you might be loosing amp edge to the compressor

As long as he extends it with the same gauge wire or a wire thicker than what he has he should be fine. I don’t think you can do a wire run long enough in a Jeep to cause a voltage drop.

Top Bottom