Heat , MPG and part question

lehman87

I just bought a brand new 2017 jeep renegade latitude 4×4 a week ago. I have a few questions.
- is it normal that the vents in the middle above the touch screen Dont blow out that much Heat? I have read somewhere else where people said they don't. Just was curious.

- any suggestions for better MPG. I only seem to be getting like 13 to 14 mpg which seems crazy.

- I noticed that behind the buttons on the steering wheel there is a cover missing to where the cords are located for the buttons on the one side. Anyone know if that peice is possible to buy online and where or something i would have to get the dealer to get? I live an hour from them so instead of driving there I was curious.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

14JK-U

Get the dealer to replace what's missing. Smart driving for better mpg, also depends on what environment you're driving in like hills or flat road, my 2014 sport blows good heat out of those vents but I usually keep it on low defogger for my weather

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

lehman87

Thanks for the reply. The vehicle gets hot fast when the heat is on but not a lot of air seems to come out the middle ones. When I close the side ones half way the middle ones seem to blow good then too I'm thinking it's just how it is.

17RLA4x4

I have noticed in my 17 Altitude that the vents you speak of seem to work the best when the system is set to "Auto" vs trying to pick either foot, mid or defrost mode.

As far as MPG it really dependent on the type of driving you do. I do about 50/50 city/hwy and get 24.5 but all in town it drops to 17-18.

Last edited:

lehman87

I have noticed in my 17 Altitude that the vents you speak of seem to work the best when the system is set to "Auto" vs trying to pick either foot, mid or defrost mode.

As far as MPG it really dependent on the type of driving you do. I do about 50/50 city/hwy and get 24.5 but all in town it drops to 17-18.
Thanks. I don't think I have the auto setting my latitude. The car gets hot fast I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a defect. I have read in other forums people saying there renegades are like what I said. So, i guess it's just how it is. When I out the a.c. on it blows a lot but not with heat in the middle vents.

Top Bottom