Reminder to all

Oreo_penguin536

Not sure if this is the right place so I apologize to admins if it is. I just got to thinking and after reading about the rollover about a month ago I had to post this.
Please don’t be a dumb ass and wheel, mountain bike, hike, moto, or any of that alone. If you see a guy solo on the trail or people struggling don’t leave them without at-least trying to help or swapping numbers, hell even invite them into your group. Don’t be the prick that charges tourist jeepers or wheelers 5 bucks a minute just to use your sat phone if they’re lost. Don’t be the guy who says “yeah I’ll get you unstuck for 40$”. There is a time and place for that but in the back woods is not that time or place. If you need money that bad get a second job or work more hours. You aren’t a macho muchacho by wheeling alone or charging people to help them. I’m not losing anymore friends this year or next year or any to come for that matter because they were alone wheeling, riding, or what ever. Telling someone where you are going and what your doing is sometimes not enough, same with having a cb in your rig or a spot gps locator. Coming from the experiences of hunting and being stalked by a mountain lion 15feet off my path to breaking my femur and knocking myself out not knowing who I was or getting stuck snow wheeling on a hill and not being able to even open the door to get out without enduring a slide off a cliff. Every time I had at-least 1 person there which is solely what got me out. Not letting people know where I was, not having a phone. Having people in the flesh there within ear or eye shot.

We all have those stories and we all are guilty of it at one time or another myself including. Yeah I might be that guy right now and I don’t care. Please, jeeping is fun! So make sure that one time you go solo won’t be the last time for you or your Jeep. At 21 years old I can literally count on 2 hands and almost 1 foot how many friends I’ve lost or people I’ve raced with from riding solo, wheeling alone etc etc. let alone friends turning into paras or quads (paraplegic or quadriplegic).

We had a saying at the track

“You can’t win practice. But you sure as shit can lose it.”

So don’t f****** lose it. For your wife, kid or best friends dog.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

VMSHack

Not sure if this is the right place so I apologize to admins if it is. I just got to thinking and after reading about the rollover about a month ago I had to post this.
Please don’t be a dumb ass and wheel, mountain bike, hike, moto, or any of that alone. If you see a guy solo on the trail or people struggling don’t leave them without at-least trying to help or swapping numbers, hell even invite them into your group. Don’t be the prick that charges tourist jeepers or wheelers 5 bucks a minute just to use your sat phone if they’re lost. Don’t be the guy who says “yeah I’ll get you unstuck for 40$”. There is a time and place for that but in the back woods is not that time or place. If you need money that bad get a second job or work more hours. You aren’t a macho muchacho by wheeling alone or charging people to help them. I’m not losing anymore friends this year or next year or any to come for that matter because they were alone wheeling, riding, or what ever. Telling someone where you are going and what your doing is sometimes not enough, same with having a cb in your rig or a spot gps locator. Coming from the experiences of hunting and being stalked by a mountain lion 15feet off my path to breaking my femur and knocking myself out not knowing who I was or getting stuck snow wheeling on a hill and not being able to even open the door to get out without enduring a slide off a cliff. Every time I had at-least 1 person there which is solely what got me out. Not letting people know where I was, not having a phone. Having people in the flesh there within ear or eye shot.

We all have those stories and we all are guilty of it at one time or another myself including. Yeah I might be that guy right now and I don’t care. Please, jeeping is fun! So make sure that one time you go solo won’t be the last time for you or your Jeep. At 21 years old I can literally count on 2 hands and almost 1 foot how many friends I’ve lost or people I’ve raced with from riding solo, wheeling alone etc etc. let alone friends turning into paras or quads (paraplegic or quadriplegic).

We had a saying at the track

“You can’t win practice. But you sure as shit can lose it.”

So don’t f****** lose it. For your wife, kid or best friends dog.

Great read man I don’t go wheeling because I know the risk and I have no experience and none of my friends have Jeeps or off road vehicles, so I don go. It saddens me but I will take the sadness over taking my life doing something stupid alone.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

laffman

Excellent post!!!! :clap2: I can't stress how important it is for even the most experienced wheelers to follow this advice. Silver Lake Sand Dunes here in MI is my home wheeling spot. I'm there every other weekend from April to October. My friends and I pull dozens of people out of bad spots all season long. All we ask for is a thanks and to think a little bit more when they go up the next hill. We even help the big diesel guys who think our "little" Jeeps can't pull them off a hill. Off course they swallow their pride after we save them.

I do go out on the dunes by myself sometimes. But even though there is always a few dozen other vehicles out there at the same time, I don't do any of the crazy hill climbing stuff we usually do without my friends with me. But trail riding, I would never go without another 4x4 with me.

Remember, lending a hand just makes the image of our sport that much better.

Oreo_penguin536

Excellent post!!!! :clap2: I can't stress how important it is for even the most experienced wheelers to follow this advice. Silver Lake Sand Dunes here in MI is my home wheeling spot. I'm there every other weekend from April to October. My friends and I pull dozens of people out of bad spots all season long. All we ask for is a thanks and to think a little bit more when they go up the next hill. We even help the big diesel guys who think our "little" Jeeps can't pull them off a hill. Off course they swallow their pride after we save them.

I do go out on the dunes by myself sometimes. But even though there is always a few dozen other vehicles out there at the same time, I don't do any of the crazy hill climbing stuff we usually do without my friends with me. But trail riding, I would never go without another 4x4 with me.

Remember, lending a hand just makes the image of our sport that much better.

I cant understand why people would charge for that sort of thing. It’s one thing if you’re in the ass end of rubicon and getting towed out on a couple day long trail run but just a tug to get unstuck? Or to use a cb or sat phone? I mean isn’t that why you bought that expensive recovery stuff for? To use it? Doesn’t make the slightest sense to me at all why people get greedy for money because if rolls were flipped those people that charge wouldn’t pay

I don’t know, I guess that’s my little rant [emoji848] it just ticks me off when I hear stories like this sometimes

Top Bottom