TUCKED or UNTUCKED : Aftermarket Jeep Products Survey

TUCKED or UNTUCKED - What "Look" do You Prefer?

• TUCKED - Full fenders and tires under them

Votes: 163 40.3%
  • UNTUCKED - Trimmed, flat or no fenders and tires sticking far out

Votes: 241 59.7%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20171218093404-f070458d.jpg

Hey Everyone, Cindy and I are conducting another super simple survey to help us better understand the members here on WAYALIFE and how decisions are made regarding aftermarket Jeep products. If you're willing and have the time, we'd be grateful if you could please answer our simple single question poll. Unfortunately, you will need to do this from the full site as the poll will not work on our app.

While we would ALSO love for you to expand on your thoughts regarding this question, what we're really hoping for are the statistics that the survey will provide. To help make your efforts worth your while, we will be giving away WAYALIFE shot glasses to random members who participate in our poll.

Thanks for your help!

WJCO

Meme King
I think flat fenders look better and also they allow for more clearance during uptravel.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think flat fenders look better and also they allow for more clearance during uptravel.

What if clearance wasn't an issue? In the case of the green JK shown in the photo, it's running highline fenders. Still like the flat fender look better?

vgullotta

I definitely prefer the flat fenders over the stock or highline. Not just for clearance, I just like the look. I also like when the tires stick out a little past the fenders and body. I remember my first YJ with it's tiny little 28" tires, and how I dreamed of having big tires that would stick out. It has always been my preference for as long as I can remember. There is just something more "mean" about the way it looks in my eyes.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For people who like and prefer the tucked or factory look, I'd really be interested in hearing your thought on this after you vote. :yup:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
This is sure a tough one, one hand I love the flat fender look and tires out past the fenders. I also love the dynatrac setup with full width and tucking which is something I would glady do....if I could afford it lol.

HoosierWolf

I selected untucked but I will add that my wife prefers tucked which is the only reason I haven't cut my fenders yet. I'm still working on convincing her that cut or flat fenders look better.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
State regulations, inspection and fender laws are definitely something that some can't get around but assuming you could, would you still stay tucked or go untucked?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I selected untucked but I will add that my wife prefers tucked which is the only reason I haven't cut my fenders yet. I'm still working on convincing her that cut or flat fenders look better.

Does your wife just like the look of factory fenders or is it more a matter of keeping dirt and mud off the Jeep that she likes?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is sure a tough one, one hand I love the flat fender look and tires out past the fenders. I also love the dynatrac setup with full width and tucking which is something I would glady do....if I could afford it lol.

So, if money weren't an issue, which direction do you think you'd go?

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I guess I'm in the minority but I actually like the clean finished tucked look. The Mopar high clearance fenders are something I'm seriously considering when I go bigger in March. If fenders have to be cut for clearance I still prefer they have a lip.

joelb

I agree that the untucked is much more of an aggressive look and like it but having the tucked solution in place makes it much safer to drive by preventing a lot of crap ending up on the vehicle or from coming in open windows. Given how much equipment I carry for Search & Rescue work, the less crap in the Jeep, the cleaner my safety equip stays and that's a priority for me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I'm in the minority but I actually like the clean finished tucked look. The Mopar high clearance fenders are something I'm seriously considering when I go bigger in March. If fenders have to be cut for clearance I still prefer they have a lip.

LOL!! The poll is still young and you never know, you just might be in a silent majority that could turn things around. Thanks for chiming in :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that the untucked is much more of an aggressive look and like it but having the tucked solution in place makes it much safer to drive by preventing a lot of crap ending up on the vehicle or from coming in open windows. Given how much equipment I carry for Search & Rescue work, the less crap in the Jeep, the cleaner my safety equip stays and that's a priority for me.

So, is it safe to say that tucked is what you'd prefer?

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Untucked aggressive look for me with flat fenders all the way. But I also live in Arizona where they don’t care at all about fenders and tires sticking out past them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom