Truck lite antiflicker

Guascone

Hi guys, I just installed a pair of truck lite headlight on my JKUR 2015.
The light are a great improvement, and I love the very bright that those generate!

Just one thing…I observed that at idle and with some electrical device activated, the low light has a very high frequency flickering.
It is not so evident, in order to observe it, I have to be very care and very close to a wall or a vehicle…

Driving the jk no flickering can be observed. Can I consider it negligible?

When is it necessary to install an antiflicker device?

Thanks!

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Hi guys, I just installed a pair of truck lite headlight on my JKUR 2015.
The light are a great improvement, and I love the very bright that those generate!

Just one thing…I observed that at idle and with some electrical device activated, the low light has a very high frequency flickering.
It is not so evident, in order to observe it, I have to be very care and very close to a wall or a vehicle…

Driving the jk no flickering can be observed. Can I consider it negligible?

When is it necessary to install an antiflicker device?

Thanks!

The headlights on the JK are supplied with a pulse width modulated power supply. Imagine the standard DC 12V supply but instead of being a constant on it is turned off & back on extremely quickly. With the stock incandescent bulbs this isn't noticeable but with your LEDs it becomes evident. In order to remove the flicker you would have to buy the anti-flicker harness, or you could just live with the flicker. I opted to get the harness because the flicker bugged me. Your mileage may vary.

SDG

Caught the Bug
It's not needed, it's just a preference thing. Drives some people crazy, doesn't bother others.

Sahara_Maverick

Just one remark. The Trucklite harnesses work fine and stopped the flickering in my JK.

However, they added a side effect. When I blink the high beams it now takes around two seconds for them to shut down. Meaning that I cannot do a quick blink to alert someone anymore because it takes longer for the high beam to shut down. That's probably because of a big capacitor they have there to cancel the pulse voltage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom