For people looking to upgrade their head unit

jms632

I've been looking at several options for upgrading my factory my gig.

I tried carrich's iPad mini kit but just wasn't really happy with it.

I really like the alpine restyle units but I hate having to plug my phone into a cable for CarPlay...plust 2-3k for a headunit is ridiculous

I ran across alpines ilx-107 for only $649.99 and it has wireless CarPlay which is awesome

b_010226.jpg

But I hate the aftermarket install kits. They just look cheap.

Then I ran across alpine's wra-i207 which has a really cool integrated look but again no wireless CarPlay.

b_010225.jpg

I did some searching and was able to source just the side filler panels that come in this kit. I think they have a good integrated look and at only $40 bucks they didn't break the bank.

The part number is 820ZUD-L974-ENW-SWV

Now I'm able to use the head unit I want but still have somewhat of a factory look.

I'm pretty sure they will work with any head unit made for the jeep as they have the same holes as the metra install kit.

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up if your looking for a different solution.

KICKROX

Very Nice, how's the wireless connectivity been? is it responsive or have you had any problems with it? Just curious. I actually did the Restyle unit myself but it's not wireless so I was curious how it worked.

jms632

IMG_0356.JPG

I like everything being wireless. I have the mophie juice pack case for my iPhone that has wireless charging. They make this magnetic mount that holds the phone and charges at the same time. I just mounted it to my vector dock and just sling it up there and it charges. With this head unit I should be free of all cables hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RSQCON

Nice where did you get the panels from Crutchfield? I have the X009-Ram kit and love it minus it not having Car Play. Luckily I get a killer deal on Alpine so I am leaning towards their i209 unit but the i207 is still an option.

The i207-WRA uses the iLX-207 head unit but comes with the filler panels but now I'm trying to figure out what's the difference between the iLX-107 and 207? Wireless Car Play vs lightening connection?

Edit...now I see the HD radio and satellite radio option. Looks. Like I'll be sticking with the i207 or 209-WRA kits. Since both of those require the phone to be connected via Lightening cable I'll probably run a longer cable and hide it in the trim and run it to my Rokform phone mount

Last edited:

jms632

No I sourced them from pac parts USA. I didn’t want to post a direct link but it’s easy enough to find. You can pretty much type in any stereo model and it will give you a list of available replacement parts to order.

I prefer the wra-209 for sure but the tethering for CarPlay and the cost we’re major factors for me

The 107 I have has wireless CarPlay which is the biggest difference from the 207. It has Xm radio as an add on option as well as the alpine remote accessory switch and surround camera option. I ordered the idatalink maestro to retain my steering wheel controls which also comes with the obd plug so all the gauge functions work just like the wra-209 and i207. At the price point it was hard to turn down and the wireless CarPlay was the cherry on top for me.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I would love to change my headunit, the 430 RBZ has to be by far the shittiest headunit ever. Between bluetooth crashing, and the speech recognition choosing whatever song it wants except the one it is asked to get, it drives anyone to change it, but $600 buys other more important mods...

TankGirl28

IMG_2227.JPG I just put this in my 2016 it’s pretty sweet literally a plug and play and don’t lose any functionality what so ever !!! It’s the S-100 wireless touchscreen Navi and has two places for front and back camera and it plays dvds you can also download a app to watch your torque! There too much to list

wutwasithnkn

View attachment 287253 I just put this in my 2016 it’s pretty sweet literally a plug and play and don’t lose any functionality what so ever !!! It’s the S-100 wireless touchscreen Navi and has two places for front and back camera and it plays dvds you can also download a app to watch your torque! There too much to list

How difficult was the install? Also, what camera did you use with it?

jsukey

This is next on my agenda! I just replaced a 730N factory navigation radio that I installed a few years ago, back to the "basic cable" radio, as it had an issue with draining the battery after the ignition was turned off. I had been looking at the Pioneer AVH-4200NEX in order to get navigation back and have a reliable, user friendly OS. I really love the idea of being wireless to access the CarPlay though! How is the boot up time on the Alpine?

I've been looking at several options for upgrading my factory my gig.

I tried carrich's iPad mini kit but just wasn't really happy with it.

I really like the alpine restyle units but I hate having to plug my phone into a cable for CarPlay...plust 2-3k for a headunit is ridiculous

I ran across alpines ilx-107 for only $649.99 and it has wireless CarPlay which is awesome

View attachment 286822

But I hate the aftermarket install kits. They just look cheap.

Then I ran across alpine's wra-i207 which has a really cool integrated look but again no wireless CarPlay.

View attachment 286823

I did some searching and was able to source just the side filler panels that come in this kit. I think they have a good integrated look and at only $40 bucks they didn't break the bank.

The part number is 820ZUD-L974-ENW-SWV

Now I'm able to use the head unit I want but still have somewhat of a factory look.

I'm pretty sure they will work with any head unit made for the jeep as they have the same holes as the metra install kit.

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up if your looking for a different solution.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Any installed pics? I have the same head unit but i was lucky and only paid $200 since it was open box.....well its the ilx-700 so it doesnt have bluetooth.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I am looking at Insane Audios JK2001, i like the idea of all plug and play and will work with Go Pro equipment. Fits in stock location and no modifications.

Anyone have one in their Jeep?

jsukey

It looked nice to me, but wasn't compatible with my '07.

I am looking at Insane Audios JK2001, i like the idea of all plug and play and will work with Go Pro equipment. Fits in stock location and no modifications.

Anyone have one in their Jeep?

Top Bottom