Thread: Rubicon Sway Bar Rebuild

Rubicon Sway Bar Rebuild

Last year I traded my Sahara sway bar for a Rubi one. I went ahead and installed the Evo no limit disconnect and it works great. But there seems to be a lot of play or slop where the bar enters the disconnect. I can also feel the difference driving, not as stiff anymore. Does anyone know if you can replace the bushings or do you have to replace the whole thing?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BABOOZLE View Post
    Last year I traded my Sahara sway bar for a Rubi one. I went ahead and installed the Evo no limit disconnect and it works great. But there seems to be a lot of play or slop where the bar enters the disconnect. I can also feel the difference driving, not as stiff anymore. Does anyone know if you can replace the bushings or do you have to replace the whole thing?

Any luck on fixing this? Having a rubicon, I'm thinking to do something about the electronic disconnect before it's an issue and was thinking to go with the newer EVO on demand that uses air as I want to put in an air compressor anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by prionic1 View Post
    Any luck on fixing this? Having a rubicon, I'm thinking to do something about the electronic disconnect before it's an issue and was thinking to go with the newer EVO on demand that uses air as I want to put in an air compressor anyhow.
    It’s a work in progress. There’s another thread on the repair of this one. Klungy started it and I believe it’s called “Rubicon sway bar disassembly.” You can’t buy new internal parts so he just made new bushings. It’s almost done and it just needs a little adjustment and it should be good.

I would keep the electo disco until it stops working. The gear box can be easily taken apart to clean out any mud or water and to fill with grease. I did Evo’s manual no limits conversion and it was a 5 second process to connect or disconnect. Pneumatic would be nice because it would be push button again but you need a compressor.

yeah i’m planning on getting a compressor anyhow for air for tires and a bunch of other various things it would be useful for so I think the pneumatic evo option would be good, but not sure how well it works.

I’ve seen the videos on the pneumatic one but I’ve never seen one in person or heard a review. Maybe start a thread asking for reviews unless there’s already one out there.