Guess the jeep water leaks are not 100% solved in the JL

jorgelrod

Hooked
Who are we kidding, this issue will always happen on jeeps, but it looks like the JL is reduced to the front roof canal spilling in when doors are open which is a good thing.

WJCO

Meme King
This was posted on JLWrangler.com this morning. For those of you who don't want to watch the whole video, skip to 6:37 to see what he's talking about.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ANY roof that opens up in any way shape or form can and will be open to the possibility of leaks.

jorgelrod

Hooked
ANY roof that opens up in any way shape or form can and will be open to the possibility of leaks.

For sure, anyone who owns a jeep will learn to live with this, What shocked me was the amount of water that comes in and falls directly on the control switch for the lights.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For sure, anyone who owns a jeep will learn to live with this, What shocked me was the amount of water that comes in and falls directly on the control switch for the lights.

You should try running a Trek top with Rugged Ridge half doors and soft uppers in a downpour :crazyeyes:

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Also helpful when at the car wash to park on the graded floor with the front end higher so the water runs down that channel to the rear to minimize the waterfall they showed.....not sure since I have a soft top....?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Well, you could always drying the Jeep or driving it around the block before opening the doors?

In a storm though, that would suck. But my current soft top does something a little similar. Not that surprised.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I don't know if anyone else has done this but I had a lot of wind noise with my trektop nx which I resulted to putting weatherstripping on that channel in the front. I never have water leaks or water coming in from the sides when I open the doors now.

JAGS

Hooked
How do you get in the Jeep to drive it around the block without opening the doors? :thinking:

Magic, duh! Lol.

Also, if you hop in quickly you don't look dumb just standing there letting the water continue to pour in. Still get a little wet but nothing like just leaving the door open.

Sahara_Maverick

Well... one (great positive) thing about my 07 JKU. It does not leak at all.

Every year I switch the hard top by the soft top (both original OEMs) and neither leaks. I guess I lucked out in that one.

😎

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Well... one (great positive) thing about my 07 JKU. It does not leak at all.

Every year I switch the hard top by the soft top (both original OEMs) and neither leaks. I guess I lucked out in that one.

😎

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have had the same experience with my ‘07 JKUR. Both factory tops don’t leak...BUT I still want to upgrade to a JLU st some point in the next few years.

Top Bottom