EVO long arm, Weld or Bolt?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Is bolting the EVO long arm kit good enough? I have the ability to install it and bolt it on myself, but if it is significantly better to weld it, then I will take in it in and have installed and burned on. Can it always be welded on in the future after I bolt it on? Just looking for some insight from those who have either way. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bolting it on is fine but having it burned in is what I would highly recommend doing. The main reason for this is that there are bolts that will be difficult to check and maintain in the future and burning the brackets on will help ensure everything stays in place. You can always install it first and then have it burned on later.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Bolting it on is fine but having it burned in is what I would highly recommend doing. The main reason for this is that there are bolts that will be difficult to check and maintain in the future and burning the brackets on will help ensure everything stays in place. You can always install it first and then have it burned on later.

Thank you Eddie! I figured, I thought I’d check with the experts though. Have a Merry Christmas!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Have it welded after bolting it together. You could even have a mobile welder come to you if you didn't want to deal with a shop. Checking torque on all those bolts frequently would suck..

Ddays

Hooked
Wait until you drive your Jeep after installing the LA kit, especially at highway speeds - its boner inducing :D

Benito

Caught the Bug
Wait until you drive your Jeep after installing the LA kit, especially at highway speeds - its boner inducing :D

You don’t have to tell me twice, with plush rides it’s even better!

IMG_4788.jpg

No wobble, no vibrations, no jolts, it’s almost like stock again!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yeah, you will need to drop the tank. It's not that bad, just make sure you don't have much gas in it. I broke a couple of the gas clips when taking everything apart. My local NAPA was able to help me find new ones

I hate saying it, but I’ll probably have my local shop do it if I’m going to have it burned on. They can deal with the tank. I may bow out of this install for once. He needs to align it anyway when I’m done.

Exodus 4x4

Crazy, huh? I couldnt believe it when I looked down at the Speedo on my way home from the shop. Before, I never had to worry bout getting a speeding ticket! [emoji23]

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

It is one of the best suspension upgrades I’ve felt. Literally made my DTD, 1 tons with 40” rig drive with the feel of a stock Jeep again. With the LS I can easily run 90+ in my Jeep on the interstate and it feels so great. In Moab I was able to open it up on some flats and absolutely loved it.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Nice upgrade, you’ll love it for sure [emoji106]

If you can installed them yourself I say go for it and get them welded on once your done. Should only take few hours to install, like every mod lol [emoji23]

wjtstudios

Hooked
It is one of the best suspension upgrades I’ve felt. Literally made my DTD, 1 tons with 40” rig drive with the feel of a stock Jeep again. With the LS I can easily run 90+ in my Jeep on the interstate and it feels so great. In Moab I was able to open it up on some flats and absolutely loved it.

I can’t wait! Thanks for the help last night. I’ll finalize the order when I get to my desk later this morning!

Top Bottom