Climate Control Question

MrEmmDubya

Have a concern about the temp control. I get great heat when the heat is on and turned as warm as it can go. When I turn it cooler even one notch the temp drops very quickly. 2 or three more notches and barely warm. I have a second wrangler in the garage to compare to and that one works as I would expect. Has anybody run into this and if what have you done to fix it, if anything?

Oddly enough I too have noticed similar heat temp settings. It's like the top end of the dial is not linear in temp....you have crank it hard right to get jeep lava heat setting.

I have yet to figure it out. No water gugle behind dash, and cooling system was recently flushed and burped. Jeep warms up nice and quick too.

I've even taken a thermometer and inserted it into the middle vent to monitor the temp.

Done this since New.....odd.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

WW_Svi

Make sure that your heater core is working and not plugged by feeling the lines in the engine bay. However, if it does get really hot and then drops off it sounds like a blend door (a quick search showed JK’s use a blend door and not a heater valve?) I’d look into this, seems like an easy check according to google. My JK seems to be pretty adjustable on the temp.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom