CrippledPetey Build Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 10 years ago my wife and I had a 1972 Ford Bronco. It was built on 38's, fuel injected 5.0 motor swap, full tube front clip, custom bumpers, custom roll cage, linex tub, etc...then came "the house" :doh: so we sold the Bronco for our down payment. My wife told me some day we will get back into it and now is that time :thumb: We have sold both our cars and now have dual JKUR's :yup:

Going forward I will be updating my JK with the following:

• EVO Double Throwdown Front
  • EVO Double Throwdown Rear
  • EVO Rock Sliders
  • EVO Rock Skins
  • EVO 1/4 Pounder with Stinger
  • EVO Rear Tire Carrier
  • EVO Rear Bolt-on D-ring's
  • EVO Protek Skid System [transmission skid / oil pan skid]
  • EVO Trail Table
  • EVO High Clearance Long Arm Kit
  • PR60's F/R with Full Float
  • 5.38's
  • ARB Lockers
  • Dynomax Competition Cat-Back
  • RIPP Cold Air Intake
  • 17" ATX Slab Beadlocks
  • 40" Nitto Mud Grappler's
  • Cut Stock Fenders
  • PSC Ram Assist
  • JE Reel 1350 Drive Shafts
  • WARN PowerPlant HD
  • Synthetic Technora Winch Line
  • Ridgid Dually D2 Flood Lights F/R
  • Cobra 75 CB Radio
  • 24" Firestick II
  • Daystar 5 Switch Panel [F/R Flood and Rock Lights]

I am sure I missed something and it will be a long road ahead but it will be a fun one!

Here is my stock JKUR now! Hopefully it doesnt stay that way long ;)

driver front quarter.jpg

Last edited:

Jeeper_2010

That sound awesome man but why did you choose to start with a Rubicon? Aren't you replacing everything that separates it from a sport?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

msax

That sound awesome man but why did you choose to start with a Rubicon? Aren't you replacing everything that separates it from a sport?

He still has the electronic sway bar disconnect and rubi transfer case.

Jeeper_2010

He still has the electronic sway bar disconnect and rubi transfer case.

Yeah, I forgot about the transfer case. I guess I think of the big difference being the tires, lockers, and front axle.

I got cool stickers and seats ... JK. The original plan was to just run 44's and 37's but then the wife got a new JK as well. So we decided to run hers on 37's and build mine to what we've always wanted!! So ya we would have been better off starting with a sport, sahara, etc but we did pick up a few benefits with the transfer case and sway bat disco...

Also thank you for all the comments. I will post up some pics of the exhaust, CAI, plastidipped front grille today.

Here is a quick shot of my Dynomax install. Was super easy and no cutting (I had to trim the evap box lip a bit). The biggest pain in the ass was the 15mm bolt at the Y-pipe. I slammed my knuckles a few times there. :doh:

dynomax.jpg

Here is a close up of the PlastiDipped grille. I used about 5 coats to make sure it was an even application. Worked great and very forgiving. Biggest thing to worry about is keeping the tip clear on the PlastiDip otherwise it will spray larger chunks and splatter more. Unless thats the look you're going for! :yup:

grill close.jpg

Complete grille done...:thumb:

grille.jpg

Here is the RIPP MODS CAI. I ended up going with this one for a few reasons. First I liked the overall sound and install of it. Second it gives me plenty of room in the engine compartment for other things like PSC resivoirs, DBox's, compressors, etc. So far I have been really happy with it.

ripp cai.jpg

silverbackjk

Here is a quick shot of my Dynomax install. Was super easy and no cutting (I had to trim the evap box lip a bit). The biggest pain in the ass was the 15mm bolt at the Y-pipe. I slammed my knuckles a few times there. :doh:

View attachment 17017

Here is a close up of the PlastiDipped grille. I used about 5 coats to make sure it was an even application. Worked great and very forgiving. Biggest thing to worry about is keeping the tip clear on the PlastiDip otherwise it will spray larger chunks and splatter more. Unless thats the look you're going for! :yup:

View attachment 17018

Complete grille done...:thumb:

View attachment 17019

Here is the RIPP MODS CAI. I ended up going with this one for a few reasons. First I liked the overall sound and install of it. Second it gives me plenty of room in the engine compartment for other things like PSC resivoirs, DBox's, compressors, etc. So far I have been really happy with it.

View attachment 17020
Looking good:thumb:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Holy Guacamole! This is going to be a super eye-candy, head-turner, barn-burner. Stealing a line from another vehicle manufacturer: "Enjoy the ride" my friend.

Here is a MagLight mount I did using the stock holes in my seat frame. I used MonkeyFist mounts, M8 1-1/4 bolts with two washers and nylock nuts on the inside. No drilling or cutting necessary :thumb:

They do not interfere with the seat at all and hold the light snug in place.

flashlight.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom