Hello from SE Michigan

sparkie2413

Hello to all WAYALIFER'S,

My wife and I recently purchased a new black 2017 JKU Rubicon ... (it's actually her dream vehicle). This is our first Jeep (NEWBIE'S FOR SURE).

She is open minded to let me do some light modifying in the future. This is her daily driver JKU for reference.

We anticipate some light off roading ... primarily Silver Lake sand dunes and two tracking thru northern Michigan, nothing crazy. Don't want to beat the heck out of a nice, new & scratch free vehicle (at least for awhile anyhow).

I see strong support on the forum endorsing the EVO enforcer plush ride lifts and/or EVO leveling kits.

We have interest in running 35's on stock wheels for awhile. We both like the look. Certainly want to maintain a decent on road ride quality.

So far, the only mod we have installed are the Aries flat fenders. We are currently running some all terrain 285/70R/17 with stock rims. I thought she would prefer these in the snow versus the MT stock tires.

Wondering on your opinions of an EVO 3" plush ride kit, drag link flip and Ranch 9000 shocks with a new front drive shaft versus a EVO leveling kit? I realize there is a substanital cost difference between the two. I just don't want to it to look ridiculously high with the flat fenders if we did go with the 3" enforcer kit, which I'm leaning toward after reading a bunch of stuff on this forum.

Looking forward to learning all I can from this group of tried and true Jeepers!

May you all have a safe and happy holiday season.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hello to all WAYALIFER'S,

My wife and I recently purchased a new black 2017 JKU Rubicon ... (it's actually her dream vehicle). This is our first Jeep (NEWBIE'S FOR SURE).

She is open minded to let me do some light modifying in the future. This is her daily driver JKU for reference.

We anticipate some light off roading ... primarily Silver Lake sand dunes and two tracking thru northern Michigan, nothing crazy. Don't want to beat the heck out of a nice, new & scratch free vehicle (at least for awhile anyhow).

I see strong support on the forum endorsing the EVO enforcer plush ride lifts and/or EVO leveling kits.

We have interest in running 35's on stock wheels for awhile. We both like the look. Certainly want to maintain a decent on road ride quality.

So far, the only mod we have installed are the Aries flat fenders. We are currently running some all terrain 285/70R/17 with stock rims. I thought she would prefer these in the snow versus the MT stock tires.

Wondering on your opinions of an EVO 3" plush ride kit, drag link flip and Ranch 9000 shocks with a new front drive shaft versus a EVO leveling kit? I realize there is a substanital cost difference between the two. I just don't want to it to look ridiculously high with the flat fenders if we did go with the 3" enforcer kit, which I'm leaning toward after reading a bunch of stuff on this forum.

Looking forward to learning all I can from this group of tried and true Jeepers!

May you all have a safe and happy holiday season.

You can run 35’s with the leveling kit, however, if a lift is in your future, go for the Enforcer. It will look okay with 35’s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Welcome from Phoenix AZ! Originally from Michigan. Probably wouldn't need flat fenders with a 3" unless you like the look. My neighbor runs a 2.5 with flats on 35's and has gobs of room.

laffman

Welcome fellow SE Michigander. I'm recently new to the forum but a Silver Lake veteran. Best advice I can give for the dunes is it's all about the tire pressure. Start at 10 psi max. and work down from there. As you get more comfortable with how the tires feel, take another pound out of the tires. Those tires need to flatten out in order to float on the sand. You'll be amazed at how much easier it is to climb the hills below 10 psi. I run my 35" tires at 4 psi all summer long up there. Just don't do any crazy turning out there and you should never loose the bead seat. And don't take a running start at Test Hill, the largest hill. You'll get your Jeep airborne when you suddenly hit the small mounds at it's base.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Welcome from SW Michigan! Post up some pics! You came to the right place to get honest straight forward answers.

Top Bottom