Recommendation on tires

Jay_r24

Hey Guys, it’s about time for some new tires, I am currently running 35” Toyo Open Country MT’s. I was going to go with the same ones but looking for other options. I want to stay MT’s but was wondering if there is a quieter tire that will still do work off-road.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Myself and quite a few others are running coopers stt discoverer pro and while I really like them on and off road they seem to hum more than the toyos if that bothers you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys, it’s about time for some new tires, I am currently running 35” Toyo Open Country MT’s. I was going to go with the same ones but looking for other options. I want to stay MT’s but was wondering if there is a quieter tire that will still do work off-road.

Thanks

Toyo MT's are about as quite as they come. If you are good about rotating them every oil change, they'll stay that way longer but ALL mud terrains will get louder with wear.

G-mansjk

I'm running cepek extreme country's and they are pretty awesome... they are quiet, ride petty well and wear nicely... I've got 15,000 on them now and they've only worn off about 1/8th inch after punishing them all summer long going over twisty punishing mountain roads every day... and they have done well on trails in snow and mud ... just another option to think about

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

tdans

I have bfg km2’s and are the worst tires I have ever had on snow and ice! They did perform really well in Moab. I have been very impressed with the duratrac tires. I think I’m going to get the cooper or toyos next time.

desertrunner

I have bfg km2’s and are the worst tires I have ever had on snow and ice! They did perform really well in Moab. I have been very impressed with the duratrac tires. I think I’m going to get the cooper or toyos next time.

I'd second that with the KM2s they were terrible on snowy icy roads in CO. Even the nitto trail graplers my buddy had didn't do too hot. The duratracs I have on my Tacoma have done great on snowy icy roads in MT so far and even got me out of a hwy median ditch with about a foot of snow in it. (Long story don't ask haha) The duratracs are a bit louder than I would have liked out of a technically all terrain tire but they are quieter than the Cooper STT Pros I have on my jeep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom