King of the hammer-BFGoodrige tire

Guascone

Hi, I was looking some KOH videos and I saw some vehicles equipped with BF tires.
What kind of tires are they? Is it a model stronger the the mud terrain?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Could be either the BFG Baja T/A KR3 or the BFG Krawler. Don’t know the reputation but on BFG’s website, they list all the races they’ve placed in with those tires.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Thanks! Is there any comparison between MUD and Krawler tires?

They are both made by BFG that’s about it. Krawlers are made for rock crawling and are very sticky compound. They do ok in the mud. Most folks running Krawlers are running red label stickies. BFG is so backed up with demand for red labels that they only make the blue label (dot krawlers) once every 12-18 months. Even the blue labels wear extremely fast, you wouldn’t want them on a rig that sees much street time.

As for KOH you will see most of them are running either Baja KR2S or the newer KR3S. Basically the Krawler thread pattern (with about half the tread depth) on a Baja T/A tire carcass (much stronger for high speed). Krawlers Achilles heal has always been the sidewalls are known to get cut. They are extremely pliable which makes them a great rock crawling tire but also very susceptible to cuts.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bontemp

I have blue label krawlers 37”. I replaced 35” KM2’s. Both have similar tread pattern but as gecko said the krawler is stickier. The sidewalls are 4 ply and the tire is much stiffer than the KM2. If you are on the road much the KM2 would be a better as it will last longer. Both tires are great for the rocks and I would not hesitate to purchase either again.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Guascone

Thanks, the problem is that here in Italy we drive mostly on the mud...no rocks...so the choise will be BF mud or Cooper STT pro.
I’m looking for the BF becouse they are lighter thank the Cooper... the krawler are not available...the only sticking tires available are the Maxxis...

Top Bottom