My Jeep decide to put up Christmas lights too!

Hi guys,

My Jeep has perfect timing and decided to throw a bunch of lights in celebration of Christmas!

About a week ago I was getting a code off and on. Sometimes it would be on, other times it wouldn’t come on at all or come on during driving.
Image1514133701.450425.jpg

I took the Jeep to autozone to test the battery/alternator and check the code themselves. They didn’t find anything with the alternator, they didn’t get this code either. They did say the alternator was around 14 volts. But they did say the battery voltage was low. I got a new battery and boom the code was off for a few days but now it’s back. From my little knowledge I have about jeeps/ motors all that fun stuff. It sounds like the alternator is working some of the time but not all the time. Sooo Im thinking I’ll need a new alternator which is fine but could it potentially be anything else I’m missing?

Also I was getting these codes, not sure if they have any correlation to the alternator issue but these have me concerned because my traction control light and ESP BAS lights come on now... but the Jeep is driving fine I haven’t noticed anything off.

Image1514133991.676242.jpg Image1514134020.164558.jpg

I was having a hard time finding any information on these issues so before trying a shop or the dealer I want to see what I can do to remedy these problems.
Thank you for any help or suggestions!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Do you have anything connected to the connection that tightens around the battery post?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I cannot say for sure, but thod codes look like what I got when my battery terminals were loose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile

I do not, this is what it looks like and I haven’t changed anything in over 2 years. This is what they look like ( I know it’s not pretty but it’s worked for 2 years)

Image1514143838.641364.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415]WAYALIFE mobile app

After doing some digging I found that the 2 other codes I have U0141 and U0146 might have something to do with my TIPM and there’s a recall on it. So I’m going to call the dealer and see. But bump to see if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions

So looked up my VIN for recalls, it appears my Jeep is not apart of the TIPM issue. So while at the dealer getting these fixes I’ll ask them to check everything else I’m having issues with.

14JK-U

I had a similar issue, replaced the battery and same thing kept happening. Found out the terminals were tight but loose still, turns out after market batteries usually have a slightly smaller positive post than our stock ones have. I got a small shim for the post from autozone and it fixed it. Check your positive connection and if you're able to turn it at all it might be the same issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had a similar issue, replaced the battery and same thing kept happening. Found out the terminals were tight but loose still, turns out after market batteries usually have a slightly smaller positive post than our stock ones have. I got a small shim for the post from autozone and it fixed it. Check your positive connection and if you're able to turn it at all it might be the same issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the advice man! I will do so and we will see I’ll keep you posted!

Top Bottom