Holiday clean up!

Oreo_penguin536

So, in the spirit of all the holidays going on I got to thinking. Why not have monthly wheeling clean up trips? After the holidays especially and all the random parties on trails or in the boondocks it might be a good idea to help keep the trails clean and keep our areas to wheel open to the public. I mean they make trasharoos for a reason right?🤙🏾[emoji38]

Maybe this already happens but just wanted some feed back from people, might be fun, or a lawn dart.
Either way merry Xmas to all you crazy folks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Definitely an interesting idea. My kids and I try to clean up trash or do something to leave every trail a little bit better than when we got to it.

Same thing when we go shooting. Bring extra bags to pick up shells and targets left behind by the human trash that shares our earth.

longarmwj

We’ve had stuff like this for years out here in Georgia. We get a group together and run the trail and pick up anything we see. We normally end up with a pretty big load of trash at the end. Not sure how effective it is, but at least we can say we’ve tried to do something to keep the local legal spots open.

Oreo_penguin536

I know atleast back when I was racing the moto community was into that, atleast the respectacle riders, eventually just not enough people helped and we almost had a bunch of popular spots shit down because of the trash “is dirty motocross riders and quad riders make” [emoji23]

TRLJNKY

The runs I have been on, usually members of the group will pick up trash if we see it. Is it a dedicated effort? Not really but just awareness. It is a cool idea. The premise to show not all offroaders are disrespectful assholes to the community. Only takes a few to taint the many. Just like dirtbikes.

aka cavfighter

black pearl

Hooked
We try to do this on every trail we go on. Even got my wife trained.
A buddy and I do runs that are just for trash and locating abandoned/rolled vehicles we then give waypoints to the BLM ranger to get them out of there.
I do agree though that after holidays the trash levels seem to be higher.

Oreo_penguin536

Oh man, how do you go about doing that? Like coordinates and then call BLM or markers and flag a ranger down? I know where atleast 6 cars are between peavine chickadee and hunter lake.

I didn’t even know that was a thing

black pearl

Hooked
Oh man, how do you go about doing that? Like coordinates and then call BLM or markers and flag a ranger down? I know where atleast 6 cars are between peavine chickadee and hunter lake.

I didn’t even know that was a thing

I spend a lot of time at a few local OHV parks and have met the rangers. We traded phone numbers when I was telling them about one truck we found. So now I send them GPS coordinates to them. They even say they can't run all the trails to keep up on them so it's a big help to them. Then they get local law enforcement and recovery teams together. I've even gotten to go on a few of the recovery trips.

black pearl

Hooked
So it is legal for us to tow abandoned cars out of places and drop them into spots where tow trucks can haul them?

The times I've seen it's always done through the ranger and with their approval . I don't know if just hooking up to a random vehicle and dragging it through the back country is legal. I would look into that side of it first. Or find a group to tag along with. I think most clubs have people that do something similar.

black pearl

Hooked
I’ll do some research tonight, I hope their isn’t a problem.... seen some stuff is some ungodly places and I wanna help best I can

The way I got involved at first was just finding them, and letting the rangers for the area know about them. If you have a GPS you can mark waypoints so you can give them the coordinates to the vehicle. And in talking with them ask how you can get more involved with clean up and recovery.

Top Bottom