Hello with a question.

Wazzier

Hello everyone and a merry Christmas. This is my first post and I would just like an opinion.

I’m running 35” MTR’s, and still have my Dana 30 Front. The Jeep sees moderate abuse on weekend trips but with long freeway drives to and fro. I know the obvious answer is ditch the 30 but it has money already tied up into it (see profile) and ditch it for what that will or can match the Rear 8.8?

Looking at the artec front truss System with Jonny Joint UCA’s. I can get it cheap, but I get anxiety investing more money into this axle.

Cheers.

tdans

I have an 8.8 in the rear and a 30 in the front with 35” km2 tires. We went to Moab and did most the hard trails. As long as you don’t bounce it you sould be ok. Do I wish I had something bigger... yes. But it works for now. A friend has the same setup but he put an artec truss on the front that’s nice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

laffman

The D30 is a good axle. It doesn't have a bad reputation like the D35. Unless you're doing some serious rock crawling, which it doesn't sound like you're doing, you really don't need to replace it. Spend the money somewhere else on our Jeep. Mine has been locked for years with 35s and has never had any issues. Remember, you eliminate the D30 as the weak link, that energy goes somewhere else to find the next weak link. Most likely the t-case breaks.

WJCO

Meme King
This thread should get interesting........

My opinion, I wouldn't spend any more money on your Dana 30. Wheel it, enjoy it. If the axle breaks it will likely be the housing that bends or cracks, which a truss will not help (despite all the info on the internet that it will). When/if it does break, then start looking into a quality axle swap like a ProRock.

Remember, you eliminate the D30 as the weak link, that energy goes somewhere else to find the next weak link. Most likely the t-case breaks.

Huh? Tons of members here have swapped axles and still have factory transfer cases with no issues.

Wazzier

Good food for thought guys. Some more info.. Ya so how it stands, the UCA bushings are shot and u joints are starting to go. Tempting options like mentioned above the artec piece and cromo shafts or just slam in spicer joints and stock bushings.

This Jeep does get hopping pretty good sometimes. We do have some pretty serious rocks.

Cheers.

RedRocker

I've been there and wheeled a D30 for years. The only upgrades I would do are sleeves and C gussets.

Wheel it until it breaks then replace it with something stronger. Of course this assumes that you are willing to take the risk of breaking on the trail.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom