Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In the Rubicon Buying Process NOW!

Don’t pull the trigger. For that much money I would wait for the new JL. Also that dealer suck. I bought my Jeep there with the Mopar lift that they put on. And when I needed warranty work they would not cover the lift they installed. Basically the end links pulled all my brake lines down. Even if you don’t put the lift on yourself, 7k can buy you a really good lift and also pay someone else to put it on for you and you prob still have some money left over for tires.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Congrats on there Rubi! You are going to have so much fun with it. Driving, wheeling, and building!

Don’t add anything to it yet. You can do way better and $7k for that is about $5.5k too much. I’m sure the dealership would treat you like a king though, cause you’d be lining their pockets handsomely!

Oops I forgot to add that that includes wheels and tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharmaroad View Post
    Oops I forgot to add that that includes wheels and tires.
    If you end up getting this stuff get it on writing that they will cover you under warranty for the original warranty items.

If you really like this Rubicon and can’t wait to get a brand new JL, then I would buy it but please do not let the dealership rip you off on these mods. You can easily spend $2-3,000 on these same mods and easily do them yourself (or with help from friends) if you really end up wanting them. I would make that decision after you’ve driven and wheel d your JKUR. I’ve had mine since 2010 and took it through moderate trails at Moab in its stock form and a hit several other trails out west and had an awesome time. Those experiences really let me get an idea of the mods that I wanted and actually thought I needed for how I use my JK.

That’s my two cents and I have to say I’ve learned a ton from the guys on this forum that have saved me thousands of dollars in useless and cheap mods...though I still learned the hard way with installing my JBA headers...

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I would skip the CAI. They don’t add any performance, they risk allowing dirt into the engine, and they may compromise your warranty.

Re the lift, Teraflex has a bad reputation for quality and ride. I don’t know what your options are, but I would suspect a Mopar lift is one of them and it is probably better than the TF option.

Re the exhaust, I don’t think they add anything other and expense and noise. Lots of people complain about the drone of aftermarket exhausts. Consider what benefit you think you’re getting before you drop the money.

I would redirect the money from the CAI and exhaust and put it toward tires and maybe a regear if you’re going with larger tires.
    Thanks so much for feedback. HB Jeep swear that Teraflex is top of the line they said Mopar helped develop those. Its the teraflex tuned shocks and coils 3 inch lift with trackbar.

Don't lose horsepower? He said the CAI and AFE power- exhaust- mach force xp will add 3%-7% back to my horsepower....
    Its tricky, I don't want to get a crappy lift, Im hearing different opinions.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    Congratulations on getting s jeep!!
    The rubicon out the box is more capable then most people think. Wheel it and see what Direction you want to go with it.
    I can speak from experience with the taraflex lift. It will make the jeep ride like a dump truck. Ride quality is 100 percent subjective, but it's horrible! That being said I've bought two lifts for my jeep now because I didn't do enough research.

Happy jeeping

Thanks for your help! I'm curious how long ago you got the Teraflex lift? I do not want a cheap crappy lift, I'll spend the money on good quality. What lift do you think is highest quality?

The guy at HB Jeep says that its top of line for them. Yes Currie makes a good lift but the Teraflex also has a really good warranty. Unfortunately I need to add some lift to the deal as I can pay it off. I know if I put the lift I will have more capability to do some more challenging rock climbing.

In the Rubicon Buying Process NOW!

Thanks so much for feedback. HB Jeep swear that Teraflex is top of the line they said Mopar helped develop those. Its the teraflex tuned shocks and coils 3 inch lift with trackbar.

Don't lose horsepower? He said the CAI and AFE power- exhaust- mach force xp will add 3%-7% back to my horsepower....
    I’m sure the dealership’s only interest is to make you happy.🤦*♂️

Last edited by Clutch; 12-26-2017 at 10:11 PM.

IMHO from a tight ass.

1. Do not let the dealer install your lift. These Jeeps are so easy to work on. I've even installed suspension parts in a parking lot. DO IT YOURSELF!

2. I would look at a EVO leveling kit or better yet the EVO basic 3" with control arms and add your shocks of choice.

3. I would not even bother with the exhaust. I have been running my stock since day one. I bet you would not even notice a 3-7% difference anyways. Why replace something that is perfectly fine.

or

4. Just drive the fucker. You will find out then what you really would need to change.
    DID I MENTION MY RIG IS FOR SALE?

“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Thanks for your help! I'm curious how long ago you got the Teraflex lift? I do not want a cheap crappy lift, I'll spend the money on good quality. What lift do you think is highest quality?

The guy at HB Jeep says that its top of line for them. Yes Currie makes a good lift but the Teraflex also has a really good warranty. Unfortunately I need to add some lift to the deal as I can pay it off. I know if I put the lift I will have more capability to do some more challenging rock climbing.
    I had Teraflex’s pre runner log arm kit on my 2012 Jeep. It was their top of the line suspension at the time. I was very disappointed. It was stiff as can be and drove like crap. Their bump stops are foam in a can. I don’t know what companies have kits out for the 2018s, but it would be worth waiting for Off Road Evolution or Genright Off Road to come up with something. Congrats on the Jeep.

The dealership’s job is to sell you stuff. Of course they’re going to say Teraflex is the best and the CAI/exhaust is going to help you. They are lying to you. And whatever you get from them is going to be overpriced anyway. I know it’s tempting to have the dealership do it all so you can finance the whole thing now. But take a step back and listen to what people here have told you. You will be overpaying for inferior and/or unnecessary stuff.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast