Recommended 1994 YJ lift

brushfireboar

I am looking for a recommendation on a lift kit for my YJ. I was originally wanting to go 4 inches but I am wondering if a would have to purchase a slip yoke eliminator, a new CV axle as well and steering stabilizer? If I go with a 3 inch or 3.5 inch can I avoid the extras? I was thinking possibly 3 inch suspension and possibly a 2 inch body lift after if I wanted more.

I a 3 inch rough county lift in my JKU and I like this lift a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

laffman

You might get away without a SYE with a 3"-3.5" lift. But you definitely want to use a t-case drop. Even with that, you might get vibrations. Regardless of lift height or no lift, you should check your steering stabilizer once in a while. They wear out and you might need one even if you don't lift the Jeep.

Me personally, I don't like anything over a 1" body lift. 2"+ BLs just make the Jeep look goofy.

What size tires do you plan on running? 33s will fit with a 2.5" lift and 1" BL without any problems. 35s will require a 4" lift.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
What size tires are you hoping to run? If u pick up some Craigslist TJ flares and have a sawzall, u can clear bigger tires on the cheap.

I ran 3.5” suspension, 3” body lift, and TJ flares on my YJ to clear 37s. There were def some vibes so I really should’ve done a SYE.

brushfireboar

What size tires are you hoping to run? If u pick up some Craigslist TJ flares and have a sawzall, u can clear bigger tires on the cheap.

I ran 3.5” suspension, 3” body lift, and TJ flares on my YJ to clear 37s. There were def some vibes so I really should’ve done a SYE.

Thanks for the replies. I would like to run 33s and as smooth a ride as I can get. I believe that the jeep has the original leaf springs so I suspect that are sagging a good bit by now. I am thinking that a 2 1/2 inch lift with a transfer case drop is where I should start.

Top Bottom