Hoser - Canadian imported TJ

Jheapr

Turns out my new rig was built in Canada, and was imported here a couple of years ago. So I find it proper to be nick named “Hoser.”

Those of you that are hockey fans will get it.

Notice the “TJ” badging in the side.
The wrangler name couldn’t be used by jeep in Canada, so the sold them as Jeep TJ’s instead.

IMG_1087.jpg
IMG_1090.jpg
IMG_1071.jpg

Its a good start. Lots of room to play on the jeep still, and I couldn’t pass up the deal.

Gbint

Yep. We lived with the YJ and TJ. Was never sure why we couldn’t use wrangler until the JK model. BTW all west coast vehicles are rust free. I did come from the rust belt (Ottawa) and couldn’t believe the pristine condition of vehicles on Vancouver Island. I live on an island in the Pacific Ocean, with a palm tree and bamboo in my backyard, and I live in Canada. WTF! I

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jheapr

I just ordered my new Motobilt stubby bumper. Great quality, American made, and superior customer service. Very excited to get this in and installed!

IMG_1295.JPG
IMG_1296.JPG

Jheapr

Cleared and installed my new Motobilt bumper yesterday! Love the quality.
IMG_1497.jpg
Poser pics to show off the new product
F534A10D-D521-4A84-A959-1C14812F27BA.jpg
B63B8002-8039-423A-B09D-5C3DFF1EAB3F.jpg

Jheapr

The clear coat ended up not sticking too well, and after a serious snow storm some surface rust was showing on the bumper. So I re-shot it over the weekend with a can of Hammered Flat Black spray paint.
IMG_1851.jpg
E144D189-4069-41ED-BFEB-A8A34CDA1B8E.jpg
Re wired the winch, tightened some bolts. Moab this weekend!

Jheapr

Moab baby!! First time out here, decided to show my better half the pretty side of Moab and take her on Hells Revenge. We had an awesome time with a great group.

Colorado / Utah state line
13096C98-B8EA-4F03-84C1-004F4020FC7A.jpg

IMG_3079.jpg
IMG_3099.jpg
IMG_1894.jpg
IMG_3137.jpg
IMG_3140.jpg
IMG_3156.jpg
IMG_3161.jpg
IMG_3225.jpg
IMG_3219.jpg
IMG_3227.jpg
IMG_1912.jpg

And then the phones died. It was an awesomely me experience out there, especially for being a quick day trip. We were able to be back home by 9pm after getting an early dinner in Moab.

Jheapr

Opinions needed:

I am running 35’s on my TJ now, and want to the ability to run 37’s in the future if / when I get bored.

I’m stuck, should I just build up my Dana 30 with a truss, gussets, chromoly shafts, and re-gear to 4.88?

Or should I try and locate a Rubi front and re-gear to 4.88?

I do some crawling, but mostly just mountain passes and snow wheeling.

What would you do?

Jsouder53

Hooked
Opinions needed:

I am running 35’s on my TJ now, and want to the ability to run 37’s in the future if / when I get bored.

I’m stuck, should I just build up my Dana 30 with a truss, gussets, chromoly shafts, and re-gear to 4.88?

Or should I try and locate a Rubi front and re-gear to 4.88?

I do some crawling, but mostly just mountain passes and snow wheeling.

What would you do?

I would suggest to try and locate a rubi axle.

Jheapr

4.56 it is. When I go out wheeling I usually always challenge myself to some of the harder lines... but I am very easy on my jeep overall, and definitely don’t go crazy with the skinny pedal.

I think the Dana 30 will do me just fine, if / when it breaks I have no issue with swapping it out for a 44... maybe even just go to tons if I’m bored.

Top Bottom