Snow and moab

Esum2016

I find myself in Moab spur of the moment for New Years. There is a ton of snow and am wondering if anyone has been here and done specific trail covered in snow. How bad does it affect the trails?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

I'm out here as well and met up with AK49. We ran Strike Ravine yesterday and plan on doing Poison Spyder Mesa today. I'm not sure of your capabilities, but we are meeting this morning at 9:30am at the PSM staging area. But to answer your question, it's as you may expect, slick rock. The sun starts shading the canyons by 3-3:30pm and starts freezing over by 5pm, so I would plan half day excursions and stay clear of cliff side trails.

Last edited:

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I love Moab and go at least once a year but I've never wheeled there in the winter. Hats off to you guys. I'd be too chicken to do those trails (particularly Hells) when there's ice involved. Safe wheeling and Happy New Years!

DaJudge

We were there last week and did Dome Plateau, 7-Mile Rim and then spent some time in the parks and drove Potash to the Park and back for the views.

Top Bottom