Best way to beef up front Dana 30 and rear 44

Tobi

Hi guys this past summer we just started getting into some rock crawling so I want to beef up my axles a little better over the winter. Thought about the tons route but I'm not ready to go there yet just because of space and money. also I'm okay with just running a smaller Tire if I have to as well because I don't have a big need for 40" tires where I live. So my question is what would be the first steps to beefing up my axles? Gussets and a truss? Do I need to gusset and truss the front Dana 30 and the rear Dana 44? Or just the 30? I know if I baby it I can probably just run it how it is but I do like to give it some throttle every now and then. That being said though I realize they still have there limits if you start hopping and really bouncing around you will bend and break stuff. Just want to be able to wheel confidently with what I have and get the correct size tires for what they can handle. Right now I just have 33's but would like to go a little bigger. 37's would be cool but I'd be happy with 35's if that the max tire size that's recommend? What do you guys think?

Sent from my LGLS775 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't broke anything before. Mainly I'm just worried about bending the housing sense were getting more into the sport.

Sent from my LGLS775 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I ran 35's on my factory TJ 30 and 44 for years and without ever bending the housings. Even if they had bent, it's far from being the end of the world and you can still drive home on it safely. In my experience, chromoly shafts up front with full circle clips are really the only thing you need.

Top Bottom