How bad does it sound without sub?

GraniteCrystal

Thinking of doing the subwoofer delete to gain some space in the rear for something new I'm working on. How bad does music sound without the sub? I realize this is subjective but curious who has done it and what their opinion is.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Thinking of doing the subwoofer delete to gain some space in the rear for something new I'm working on. How bad does music sound without the sub? I realize this is subjective but curious who has done it and what their opinion is.

I think the connections for it are on the passenger side underneath the carpet where the roll bar comes out of the tub on top of the wheel well. Try disconnecting for a few days to see how you like it before you fully commit

GraniteCrystal

I think the connections for it are on the passenger side underneath the carpet where the roll bar comes out of the tub on top of the wheel well. Try disconnecting for a few days to see how you like it before you fully commit
Yeah, that's the plan. Curious if it's absolutely terrible though and then I may not bother. Or maybe there's a good place to relocate it?

boardsurfer

I definitely think you will miss it having been in there this long. I dont have the sub, but upgraded to the kicker speakers in all 4 spots. It does the job, but I wouldnt pretend it sounds amazing.

I think disconnecting it for a few days is a good idea to see if you can live with it.

rockwell

I deleted mine so I can slide my 37” spare in/out. Didn’t notice any difference in sound, it wasn’t that great to begin with.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Can you just relocate it?
Edit: nvm just read that you thought about doing that. I hear people doing it under the passenger seat with good results.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It doesn’t sound as good without it, to me. I had mine unplugged for a little while, when I had to get behind the sub box, running my brake/tag light relocation. As MTG said, an under seat sub may be the ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
I put one of these in my mazda. It’s a nice compact unit that adds noticeable base and is easy to install.

Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered subwoofer

flchamp89

Yes there are several decent under seat type powered subs. Not all go under are tiny seats lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
My 15 didnt come with a sub, and while it wasnt bad, it annoyed me to not have one. My 2 door seemed really hit or miss which was strange depending on what I had loaded up or if the seat was in. I ended up getting a kicker hideaway powered sub before the alpine one came out and I am very happy with it. I had it on the front panel of my tuffy deck, then under the back seat, and now it lives under the driver seat since I have my arb twin under the passenger seat. It sounds great, but its something to get used to a vibrating seat haha.

GraniteCrystal

My 15 didnt come with a sub, and while it wasnt bad, it annoyed me to not have one. My 2 door seemed really hit or miss which was strange depending on what I had loaded up or if the seat was in. I ended up getting a kicker hideaway powered sub before the alpine one came out and I am very happy with it. I had it on the front panel of my tuffy deck, then under the back seat, and now it lives under the driver seat since I have my arb twin under the passenger seat. It sounds great, but its something to get used to a vibrating seat haha.
When you had it under the backseat, would the seat still fold down?

Basscat

Stock stereo sucks to begin with. Sub delete all but seals it’s fate. I would compare it to listening to AM radio in the old days.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
When you had it under the backseat, would the seat still fold down?

I think so, but im not 100% sure as I never really fold them down. The only times I folded them I think I had the sub on the tuffy deck since I was slightly worried about it getting wet.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I didn't really miss mine when I removed it for space. Like others have said, it wasn't that great to begin with and the location is terrible for people who really need the room in the back.

For full disclosure, I've had it out for over a year but I'm upgrading my audio system and plans are to replace it with a new 8" sub in a sealed box.

Top Bottom