Pony Express Resurrection

As 2017 comes to a close I wanted to share our last trip out for the year. Way back at the end of October we took a run out on the Pony Express trail and, as many of you know it didn't quite go as planned.
So earlier this month I packed up early with a good friend and went out for some revenge.

Cold and foggy or should I say smoggy start to the trip out
IMG_6761.JPG

Once out of the valley inversion it was absolutely gorgeous out. Albeit still cold.
IMG_6804.jpg

A bit further down the road and back to the Simpson springs station.
IMG_6769.JPG

Couldn't pass up a good poser shot
IMG_6770.jpg

Not much past Simpson springs a herd of mustangs were taking full advantage of the
Space to roam.
IMG_6805.jpg IMG_6806.JPG

Not often can do I find myself with a good road, no traffic and no speed limit. Hammer down.
IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_6809.JPG
Road block
IMG_6811.jpg

There is something about the vastness of the desert. It's almost intoxicating
IMG_6781.JPG
Back to the site of where it all went wrong.
IMG_6807.jpg

Hey, that looks familiar
IMG_6790.jpg

A bit different outcome this time around.
I stuck to the main trail.
IMG_6789.JPG
IMG_6786.jpg
IMG_6810.jpg
IMG_6808.JPG

After passing through the town of Callao and arriving in the ghost town of Gold hill and quickly feeling a bit of uneasiness about the place, we quickly made our way out and headed back to pavement and finally to our destination in Wendover Utah.
IMG_6791.JPG
IMG_6792.JPG

All in all an epic trip with a good friend, great views and the best part was we finished the trail and said farewell to our last run of 2017.

Looking forward to kicking 2018 in the ass.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome trip report! Glad that you were able to get back out there and post this up :thumb:

Glad you got to complete it this time. Great photos. What was uneasy about the town?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mainly just the overall vibe from the place. It's mostly abandon with the exception of a couple residents that made it very clear we weren't welcome. We missed a turn at the main 4way intersection and by the time we figured it out, turned around and made it back to the crossroads there were two people standing in their yards just staring at us like we were dinner lol.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Mainly just the overall vibe from the place. It's mostly abandon with the exception of a couple residents that made it very clear we weren't welcome. We missed a turn at the main 4way intersection and by the time we figured it out, turned around and made it back to the crossroads there were two people standing in their yards just staring at us like we were dinner lol.

Damn hills have eyes type shit lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom