Bought a 2018 JKU w/half doors

JamesWyatt

I was going to wait for the JL diesel, but stumbled across this in Santa Fe. I’m thinking it might be one of the last half door JKU Rubicons made.

Only option on it is the connectivity package, which I could have done without. Manual trans, tan interior.

I had a 2011 with a manual, but it’s so much better with the 3.6 — like night and day. I’m also surprised how it seems to make better use of the 3.6 than the auto does, at least at highway speed at these altitudes (5,500-8,000’). Coming up the steep climb near Santa Fe, I can put it in 5th and it keeps interstate speed effortlessly at a decent RPM. My 2016 auto (Hard Rock with 4:10s) would have to downshift and scream at around 4,500 RPM to keep up the same speed.

I’m also greatly enjoying having the subwoofer storage area back. It’s nice to have nothing stored under my rear seats again.

Only things on order so far: a Tuffy conceal-carry storage drawer and a set of McGuard security door hinge locks.

IMG_0529.jpg
IMG_0532.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I-Eat-Mud

Love that interior/exterior color combo. Also when do half doors not look great on a jku. Congrats!

JamesWyatt

Now that is a badass Jeep!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you, I’m lovin’ it :)

Nice!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Man, that's a sharp combo! :thumb:

I was impressed the dealer ordered this combo — not sure I would have thought to pair these colors, but I’m glad they did.

Love that interior/exterior color combo. Also when do half doors not look great on a jku. Congrats!

True. I used to own a 2004 TJ with half doors, and this is the first JK I’ve had that has made me feel the same way.

Tan looks so good on granite, never knew the halfs came in tan inside.

I think I knew they did, but I’d forgotten. I saw the dealer listing online, but they hadn’t put up photos yet. When I saw it in person I had work to contain my enthusiasm :)

Love the half doors

Thanks, me, too. They’re not as loud on the interstate as I thought they would be. I keep the heater a notch or two warmer, but it’s nice to have that cooler air at head level since these Jeeps get stuffy quickly with the heater on.

Great looking combo, Congrats!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom