LOUSY UConnect!!

ibis9999

I have a 2016 JKU Backcountry Edition. With it came the UConnect 430N navigation system that has already been replaced once before. Whst I've noticed on many occasions is that the usb connection in the arm rest rarely reads that my iPhone X is plugged in. This has also happened with my iphone 7. Whenever i plug it in the head unit says "Reading..." And remains that way for several minutes. Sometimes turning the head unit off/on helps but more often than not it doesn't. Any ideas before i head back to the dealership yet again?

longarmwj

The uConnect system in the JKs does offer a lot to be desired. Both in nav units and basic units. I just got an iPhone X and it won’t even read uConnect as a option for Bluetooth.

Thankfully, FCA will be putting much much more updated head units in the new JL including the 8.4 which will be much appreciated. They’re fantastic systems.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKrob15

Do yourself a favor and swap in a nice head unit with apple car play or Android auto. Uconnect was nice for me because it had a 'screen' but it ended up being nothing but headaches. I remember it being very slow and lagged begind. I would hit play and wait a second or two to actually hear the music through the Jeep. And the sound quality was bad and I couldn't hear it with the doors and top off on the highway. Lots of good options out there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The usb in the armrest is connected to the head unit? I guess I always thought the only usb connection to the head unit was on the front of the head unit itself.

kawimoto

I have a 2016 JKU Backcountry Edition. With it came the UConnect 430N navigation system that has already been replaced once before. Whst I've noticed on many occasions is that the usb connection in the arm rest rarely reads that my iPhone X is plugged in. This has also happened with my iphone 7. Whenever i plug it in the head unit says "Reading..." And remains that way for several minutes. Sometimes turning the head unit off/on helps but more often than not it doesn't. Any ideas before i head back to the dealership yet again?

Best advice..... bite the bullet and go pick up an aftermarket unit. the stocker leaves much to be desired. otherwise off to the dealer...

j_k_u

I connected the armrest USB directly to my 4200nex head unit, works perfectly with my iPhone X. 2016 Jku. So likely u have a problem with the Jeep USB controller or the 430n.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zimm

Caught the Bug
Another vote for the Pionner NEX. 4200 or 8200 along with a maestro idatalink, siriusxm box and antenna adaptor. Crutchfield has all that stuff.

Top Bottom