Washington Trails?

pnwtexasjeeper

I grew up in Texas so our off-roading was big lifted trucks in open fields and mud holes. I have since moved to Washington and now own a jeep, and getting introduced to the jeep lifestyle. Looking for advice on any trails in Washington, preferably within an hour of Seattle to start. Anyone with any hidden gems or trail maps I'd love to hear your input. Shes gotten a bit muddy but its time to take her on a real trail. Thanks for your help folks.
Clayton

Sent from my LG-H871 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteWilly

I grew up in Texas so our off-roading was big lifted trucks in open fields and mud holes. I have since moved to Washington and now own a jeep, and getting introduced to the jeep lifestyle. Looking for advice on any trails in Washington, preferably within an hour of Seattle to start. Anyone with any hidden gems or trail maps I'd love to hear your input. Shes gotten a bit muddy but its time to take her on a real trail. Thanks for your help folks.
Clayton

Sent from my LG-H871 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Walker Valley ORV and Tahuya are both worth looking into. Walker offers a pretty good range of mild to wild, while Tahuya is pretty simple, albeit tight at times.

Outside of that, there are plenty of forest roads to explore but you might be traveling a bit to find challenging trails (Manashtash Ridge, Naches Trail, Elbe...etc).

I’m not sure what the snow is like/when the areas close for the winter though.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Tahuya and Walker Valley should be fine. I love the trails up on Manashtash Ridge. Just drove through Ellensburg last week and there was snow up there. Didn’t look like that much but it’s hard to tell. Sometime I get lucky and look for common hashtags on IG to see if anyone has been up there recently and to see what the conditions look like. Still a shot in the dark though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tobyw

I've never been to any of the trails on the West side, but I'm pretty familiar with the central and Eastern regions. Snow this year has been lackluster, but it still beats a day on the couch :thumb: If you ever want to run the Naches, Ahtanum, Rim Rock, or Blue Mountain areas let me know!

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5713.jpg

Brute

Hooked
I'm back in WA in March...count me in for a snow run up by Green River near Crystal Mountain, or anywhere else...

GraniteWilly

Just ran Tahuya yesterday. All the recent rain plus some new additions the local clubs have put in made for a great time. Highly recommended for those looking to get their feet wet on NW trails.

14JK-U

I also live very close to the tahuya runs, the main local club is always improving and maintaining the runs, they've done a lot of improvements to make it friendly for new comers and also keep it interesting for veterans. It's a great time and if I'm off you'll catch me in the area most of the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

CJ_Therapy

I’ve got 8days of vacation coming the first full week in June. I was going to try and run the rubicon until I found out it probably won’t be clear of snow then. Any takers for doing the WaBCDR? Or suggestions for a different trail?

Top Bottom