The Scarlet Witch Build

Hey Everyone,

After reading a bunch of Build Threads and lurking and researching for months here; I figured I would start a Build Thread of my own.

I'd like to introduce everyone to The Scarlet Witch! My wife and I call her Wanda for short. We picked her up on October 15th of this year. And before everyone asks why the name; it comes from my Love of Marvel and the fact that I secretly have a crush on Elizabeth Olsen and her role as Wanda Maximoff. LOL

38014531792_6890520880_b.jpg

After tons of researching and YouTube videos, I've come up with where I want to take Wanda in her transformation. The Idea I have in mind for Wanda is Overland Jeep that can tackle most trails here on the East Coast as well as Trails at MOAB one day. My wife and I have discussed completing the Badge of Honor Trails as a bucket list as well. In the future I'd love to own something like the Patriot X1 Camper and be able to leave the East Coast and travel across the country for a few weeks at a time without issues with highways and still be able to hit MOAB and not worry about the Rig. Basically I want me to be the weakest link in the equation.

So with that in mind I've already purchased the following items and most have already arrived and are waiting to be installed.

EVO Manufacturing Double Throwdown Coilover Bypass Front
EVO Manufacturing Double Throwdown EVO Lever System w/ Coilvers and Bypass Rear
EVO Manufacturing High Clearance Long Control Arm Upgrade Kit
EVO Manufacturing Front Vented Inner Fenders, W/ Double Throwdown Suspension
EVO Manufacturing Skid Plate System
Poison Spyder Bombshell Dana 44 Diff Covers Black
MetalCloak Overland Fenders
KMC Wheels XD229 Machete Beadlock Satin Black Wheel 17x9 5X5
Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.50R-17LT Tire
Magnaflow Off-Road Pro Cat-Back Exhaust
Banks Ram-Air Superiority Intake
Superchips Flashcal F5 Programmer
Baer 13.5" Front Pro Brake System Red Calipers
LOD Shorty Destroyer Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier Black Powder Coated (With Options)
Maximus-3 Winch Kit and Stinger (Decided to keep the front bumper look like Rubitrux does.)
Warn Zeon 10-S Platinum Winch
ARB 12V Twin Compressor
sPOD 8 Circuit SE System (switch panel version) Red
JW Speaker 279 J Series LED Tail Light Kit
KC Hilites Rock Light Kit, 6 Lights 2 sets of Clear and 2 Sets of Red
Rigid Industries Ignite Backup Light Kit
Rigid Industries E2-Series 20" Hyperspot LED Light Bar
Rigid Industries D-SS Pro Flood Light
Rigid Industries R2-46 Driving Light
And miscellaneous items as well.

I've already found a shop, Chaos Fab Shop out of Winchester Virginia, that is going to do the Suspension and Gearing work for me. They are also going to be adding the following parts.

Yukon Ring & Pinion Set Front and Rear 5.13
Yukon Master Overhaul Kit w/ Timken Bearings Front and Rear
Tom Woods 1350 Driveshafts
Artec Industries JK Front Axle Armor Kit
Dynatrac HD Balljoints
RCV Ultimate Dana 44 CV Axle Set

Here are a few photos of what I've already installed and done to Wanda.

First I got the Garage Jeep Ready by adding an electric hoist to take the roof off by myself and door hangers.

24917286898_6f86b758c1_b.jpg

Then installed a few items over the past few weeks.

37941728435_6d6a79075e_b.jpg

27051893839_a1fe333d36_b.jpg

27196262179_219f217b04_b.jpg

25448542138_9d122fd9c1_b.jpg

38610026574_1f52f74c60_b.jpg

24453851077_d46f455405_b.jpg

38609444834_fe0478b4a2_b.jpg

24453653567_916ab92921_b.jpg

38086702135_4f89d1040d_b.jpg

I'm still waiting on the rest of the EVO Suspension; only the Long Arm Kit is here so far. EVO said it would take some time since I ordered it in Red. Also I'm waiting on the LOD Rear Bumper, Rigid Reverse Lights, and KC Rock Lights. Hopefully this weekend I'll get the MetalCloak fenders and exhaust installed.

Any and all advice is welcome here. I'd love to hear everyones advice on a Steering Upgrade. I know with the 37's I'm going to need it. I've already been looking into the PSC Big Bore Kit.

Thanks in advance.

Steering Upgrade in Prep for the 37's

Ok so I'm debating on some things. I'm thinking of keeping what I have for Draglink and Trackbar but upgrade the Tie Rod to 7075 Aluminum. So I'm looking at Rock Krawlers Off Road Pro Tie Rod but also the Fusion 4x4's Jeep JK UD60 2.5 Ton Rock Series Tie Rod and the WFO Concepts Jeep JK Extreme Tie Rod 2" DOM. Read about these in the Tierod and drag link replacement thread.

Either way I have to choose one because I can't put on the aftermarket diff covers without it because the stock TieRod won't clear my PoisonSpyder Diff Covers correct?.

Then I'm going to go with the PSC SG688R and the High Pressure Conversion Kit. Now my only concern is I have heard of overheating? This is why I was looking at the entire kit from Northridge4x4. See link to kit below.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/2017-jeep-wrangler-jk-unlimited-rubicon-3-6l-5at-4wd-116wb-4dr/hydraulic-steering-kits/sk280kit-psc-big-bore-xd-cylinder-assist-kit

This comes with the HK2098 Jeep JK 1/2" Return Line Conversion with Cooler which reduces the heat and over heating right? I'm thinking that entire kit and the Rock Krawler will work great. Thoughts?

WJCO

Meme King
Ok so I'm debating on some things. I'm thinking of keeping what I have for Draglink and Trackbar but upgrade the Tie Rod to 7075 Aluminum. So I'm looking at Rock Krawlers Off Road Pro Tie Rod but also the Fusion 4x4's Jeep JK UD60 2.5 Ton Rock Series Tie Rod and the WFO Concepts Jeep JK Extreme Tie Rod 2" DOM. Read about these in the Tierod and drag link replacement thread.

Either way I have to choose one because I can't put on the aftermarket diff covers without it because the stock TieRod won't clear my PoisonSpyder Diff Covers correct?.

Then I'm going to go with the PSC SG688R and the High Pressure Conversion Kit. Now my only concern is I have heard of overheating? This is why I was looking at the entire kit from Northridge4x4. See link to kit below.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/2017-jeep-wrangler-jk-unlimited-rubicon-3-6l-5at-4wd-116wb-4dr/hydraulic-steering-kits/sk280kit-psc-big-bore-xd-cylinder-assist-kit

This comes with the HK2098 Jeep JK 1/2" Return Line Conversion with Cooler which reduces the heat and over heating right? I'm thinking that entire kit and the Rock Krawler will work great. Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure the OEM tie rod clears the PS covers. As far as buying that steering kit, I would suggest going through PSC directly or contacting Exodus Jeeps to see if they carry it. Both of those companies support the forum here.

I'm pretty sure the OEM tie rod clears the PS covers. As far as buying that steering kit, I would suggest going through PSC directly or contacting Exodus Jeeps to see if they carry it. Both of those companies support the forum here.

Oh ok I’ll look into both of those Options. Thanks.

But as for the parts am I headed in the right direction? I’m a noob and this is my first Jeep. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Oh ok I’ll look into both of those Options. Thanks.

But as for the parts am I headed in the right direction? I’m a noob and this is my first Jeep. Thanks.

Yeah you are heading in the right direction, that is for sure. Anywhere you can, buy items straight the manufacture. It makes it easier to have something swapped out if it has issues or breaks. One call and these companies have replacement parts out to you in no time. Exodus Jeeps, Bubba, has a ton ton of experience with different manufacturers and is a great resource to bounce ideas off of and purchase parts through.

I run the Fusion tie rod and drag link and they are beefy to say the least. Great company and stand behind their products. Most of the companies in your build list do too.

Lol

So the wife sends me a text. LOL

27744730819_2571669014_c.jpg

I checked out the camera and it looks like my LOD is finally at the house.

25650143808_9f0d22ec4e_c.jpg

38812197114_3be22f5af2_c.jpg

Now it looks like I've got a lot of work cut out for me this weekend. Fenders, Exhaust, and Rear Bumper. Hopefully I can fit the box in the garage; kind of running out of space.

maskale

I would add a cooler to the steering. The fluid will get hot just from idling the engine, and only gets hotter from use. I mounted mine in front with the PSC mount, it was the radiator style cooler, they do have the other style as well, thats basically an aluminum pipe with fins.

I also have the Big bore box, it turns 37s just fine, even off road. So unless you are going hard core wheeling and turning locked you could get by with just the big bore. However if you decide to add the ram later you have to buy another box, so then you would have lost some money on the old box. Certainly better to do it once, but it is quite a bit of price jump for the assist.

Last edited:
I would add a cooler to the steering. The fluid will get hot just from idling the engine, and only gets hotter from use. I mounted mine in front with the PSC mount, it was the radiator style cooler, they do have the other style as well, thats basically an aluminum pipe with fins.

I also have the Big bore box, it turns 37s just fine, even off road. So unless you are going hard core wheeling and turning locked you could get by with just the big bore. However if you decide to add the ram later you have to buy another box, so then you would have lost some money on the old box. Certainly better to do it once, but it is quite a bit of price jump for the assist.

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and contacted PSC for advice and explained that its a good possibility that I would be upgrading the Axles, Motor, and tire size to 40's in the future. So I'm thinking they are going to come back with the PSC-SK280 Kit now. But I'll wait to see what the email says.

Heard back from PSC and I'm definitely going to go with the Larger kit in plans for future upgrade to 40's. As for any updates on Wanda; I've been sick since Christmas and today was the first day I felt good enough to get out and do any work. So I got the exhaust completed and the SpringTail driver side rack done. Hope to start on the Fenders and rear Bumper tomorrow if I can get an extra set of hands.

Now my question is; is the exhaust to close to that line in the photo? I'm assuming it is an emergency brake line? Picture probably doesn't show very good distance but its about an inch away from the tip. Any advice is welcome.

27893429439_715c4e664e_k.jpg

39672182911_98f0dc5b5a_k.jpg

Top Bottom