Buying a used Jeep Question

arahambone

Folks,

Not sure if this is the best forum to ask, but any thoughts on best sites to shop for used Jeeps? I'm in the SF Bay Area and I've been hunting Craigslist forever. I'm aiming for a 2005 or 2006 LJ, ideally Rubicon, but not critical.

I also found a dealer out of Madera called Toy Hookup Inc, any feedback on them? Or R&R Sales out of Northern California?

Any guidance or a redirect to a better forum section would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ara

PS Sold my JKU in my favorite color to facilitate a big move. Broke my heart.

PPS About 7 years ago I sold my 2001 TJ for $9,250, I cannot believe how much that vehicle has appreciated. Bay Area Jeep prices are ridiculous.

WJCO

Meme King
Craigslist, AutoTrader, or even eBay. If you buy on eBay, do your research to ensure you have a legit seller and one with a good rating.

Dmac08JK

I bought my Rubicon awhile using CarGurus it’s a app. It tells you if it’s a good price or bad price. It shows how the Jeep’s condition is based on its history. For example if you want a LJ , Rubicon that is Stock and was only driven in the summer. It will list them in the order of best deal and nearest too you. Using the description of what you’re looking for. I trust it and I just recently bought a Grand Cherokee limited with the help from CarGurus.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

that price seems very high for that mileage though. mileage is fine, 4.0s are strong past 200k and easy to fix. I know its an LJ but still, thats JKU money.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
that price seems very high for that mileage though. mileage is fine, 4.0s are strong past 200k and easy to fix. I know its an LJ but still, thats JKU money.

Maybe in other parts of the country, but all the JKUs around here are well above that, although I do think it’s a little expensive for a TJ.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom