Hard to pick

Eloucha

Looking for swing arm tier carrier to fit on hard rock rear bumper. I found aev. Break the bank for the price I can buy new bumper already have carrier And found smittybilt gen 2 xrc. But I was reading that rattles I want. To use swing I am not looking for hinges use ( teraflex reinforcement carrier ....
Any advise here will help or if some one know any other brand will fit on rear bumper Hard rock edition and thank u

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Buster3479

You're going to get what you pay for. The AEV is a solid carrier and transfers all the weight straight to the frame with American made steel and construction. I'm running it with 40's at the moment for smooth single handed operation and no worry. I wouldn't run Shittybuilt anything, even if it was given to me free.

Eloucha

You're going to get what you pay for. The AEV is a solid carrier and transfers all the weight straight to the frame with American made steel and construction. I'm running it with 40's at the moment for smooth single handed operation and no worry. I wouldn't run Shittybuilt anything, even if it was given to me free.

Good to know. I am going to get AEV.for sure.

jeeeep

Hooked
i'm using the AEV on my stock 2010 rear bumper, after 3 years it still opens and closes smooth.

I did lose the lower mounting bolt within a couple of months of install and was disappointed that AEV wouldn't just tell me the size of the bolt - I had to buy a full hardware kit - but other than that, I've been happy with it.

a bit of blue Loctite on the bolt seems to be holding it in place fine.

A few times I've thought of selling it but then I look at the various owners with the swing out carriers and it seems like they all have to lift the end of the carrier to get it to seat into the locking mechanism.

I think your bumper already has the punch out to accept the AEV :thinking:

Eloucha

i'm using the AEV on my stock 2010 rear bumper, after 3 years it still opens and closes smooth.

I did lose the lower mounting bolt within a couple of months of install and was disappointed that AEV wouldn't just tell me the size of the bolt - I had to buy a full hardware kit - but other than that, I've been happy with it.

a bit of blue Loctite on the bolt seems to be holding it in place fine.

A few times I've thought of selling it but then I look at the various owners with the swing out carriers and it seems like they all have to lift the end of the carrier to get it to seat into the locking mechanism.

I think your bumper already has the punch out to accept the AEV :thinking:

Yes it does correct.

wjtstudios

Hooked
IMO, best tire carrier out there. 3 years, 0 issues it’s carried a 37 BFG Mud on a heavy Hutchinson and I also run the tank with atleast 3 gallons in it at all times. Great carrier

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I’m running the the AEV carrier as well and have nothing but good things to say. It gets the weight off the body, is smooth and easy to open with one hand. And it looks factory. The only thing to keep in mind is that it does place the spare slightly off Center. Some people have OCD and that would drive them nuts. It doesn’t bother me and is designed that way to keep plenty off access to the gate handle.

Sessoms14X

I have the AEV as well. Have had it for 3 years I think now. The carrier being off centered doesn't bother me. Like Speedy_RCW said it provides easy access to the handle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gobicon2017

IMG_4850.JPG Cant go wrong with the AEV tire carrier. Mine’s holding 35’s and absolutely no issues with rattles etc.... Install was not that bad. Only downside was loosing the passenger recovery point. I don’t even notice the offset to the passenger side anymore.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I'm more inclined on the AEV, the thing is to install it, I have to disconnect the rear backup camera because it is on the bumper. Depending on the level of hassle I might go with the ACE.

Not sure what setup you have but I can’t imagine it would be difficult to disconnect. I wouldn’t let that sway you on which carrier you end up choosing.

Eloucha

, Carrier-Tire
Description:
Swing away tire carrier mounts up to 37 tire. Includes chmsl, and adjustable wheel mount. Moves the heavy load of the spare tire from the body to the vehicle frame.additional details: spare tire mount, adjustable for different size tires and wheel offsets. Use with cast tailgate reinforcement.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app View attachment 292273

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
, Carrier-Tire
Description:
Swing away tire carrier mounts up to 37 tire. Includes chmsl, and adjustable wheel mount. Moves the heavy load of the spare tire from the body to the vehicle frame.additional details: spare tire mount, adjustable for different size tires and wheel offsets. Use with cast tailgate reinforcement.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app View attachment 292273

That’s the same carrier as the terracrap and the ruggid ridge and stuff. Just rebranded as mopar. Your better off getting the evo carrier or something else American made over the Chinese steel used in that

jsukey

I've been running the AEV since 2013 with 0 problems. IMO, it's one of the best out there! No rattles, and it still operates as smooth as it did from day one. You can get lucky sometimes and find it used, you just have to keep your eyes peeled.

IMG_7022.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom