‘18 recon build

Emptybrass

As I sit here frozen in Vermont drinking some high quality beers I realized I never did a build on my first jku. So I don’t have a name quite yet but I figured I would post up of what I’m doing and what plans I have so I can receive input on ideas.

So far...

Tried to install truck lites and failed. I did order some factory replacement buckets so I can install them.

Did the rear seat recline

Spidertrax 1.5” wheel spacers. 1/6/18

Have an ARB twin sitting in my shop waiting for me to install. -actually have a question on this. I don’t want to deal with their whole wire loom package just for a single on/off switch. Has anyone mounted the switch under the hood? I just want a simple install with 1 quick connect coupler under the hood or some where near there.

Over the next year:

Get the warn 10s platinum in the bumper

Evo/king coilover kit front and rear

2nd set of wheels and tires. (I don’t mind wheeling but I would like to keep a nice set of wheel for mall crawling.)

Any thoughts or suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Have an ARB twin sitting in my shop waiting for me to install. -actually have a question on this. I don’t want to deal with their whole wire loom package just for a single on/off switch. Has anyone mounted the switch under the hood? I just want a simple install with 1 quick connect coupler under the hood or some where near there.

I installed my compressor switch next to the compressor rather than the dash, if that's what you're asking. But it's not under the hood, it's in the back cargo area.

DSC03694.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
Did you modify the wiring that came in the kit or make your own? That’s exactly what I want to do.. just on the front end of it.

It's been a couple of years so I dont remember for sure. I think I just bundled up the harness and hid it behind that trim panel. Regardless, you could cut the wires as short as you want and add female Spade connectors. That's pretty much what the ARB harness uses.

IMG_20180105_155458_855.jpg

N35CY_1.jpg

JKU007FL

Hello, I will be very interested in your posts and upgrades, I have a 17 Recon as well and I also installed Spidertrax spacers since I'm planning on keeping the wheels but with 35's tires eventually.

Emptybrass

I actually think they (the factory) may be a bit brighter if not the same. I think they have better light dispersion then the truck lites. I do want the heated part plus small upside is they are black and not chrome. If Jeep offered black led from the factory I would have kept them

Emptybrass

So no Arb install. The more off-road bracket seems to be the wrong one. The compressor will not fit the holes in the bracket. I did install the cb antenna mount and got the wire through the tail gate. Need to run it to the from there to the front for my high band and the handheld cb

Betsy

Hi, I have j w speaker headlights,taillights, and driving lights, I don’t have any problem with them icing up , and we just went through 3 weeks of brutally cold weather! I was very happy with their performance,this is my third winter with them.

Top Bottom