Body Lift vs. Suspension Lift and Engine Replacement

jeepsheets

Looking at a 94. Original inline 6 Has been replaced with another inline 6 that has about 85k on it. Was replaced about a year ago. No issues reported. Would you be ok with that? What would be major concerns?

Odometer reads 235k.

Has a body lift. I would want to install a step. Does having a body lift vs. suspension lift cause any issues with installing steps?

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Body lifts are not a good idea imo. As for steps. It depends on the type of step. If us the type that hang down then I hope you never go wheeling other than through mud puddles. Those well get you hung up on ledges and large rocks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeepsheets

Body lifts are not a good idea imo. As for steps. It depends on the type of step. If us the type that hang down then I hope you never go wheeling other than through mud puddles. Those well get you hung up on ledges and large rocks.

Yeah, my off roading will be pretty limited. I’m just a wannabe living in metro Atlanta.

jeepsheets

Are there concerns, other than ground clearance for off roading, that make body lifts less favorable?

MKBCE

A small body lift say like 1.25 in or so... nothing wrong with that, in fact for some builds like a belly skid plate or raising the gas tank up can be a benefit.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Are there concerns, other than ground clearance for off roading, that make body lifts less favorable?

Over 1.25 inches can cause you problems with shift linkages. Maybe a little more than that but not much. The other issue is that it doesn't give any ground clearance to the components that you really want further from the ground. Transmission and oil pan are still at stock clearances. And to me it's less aggravating and more useful to do a mild suspension lift.

Top Bottom