Show us your filter!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
This isn’t my Jeeps filter. This is the cabin air filter, from a 2010 Camry. I bought it to keep from racking up miles on my Jeep.

If you’ve never checked your cabin air filter, you may want to. That is several years of grossness, there.

IMG_0873.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
This should be a good thread. Ours are pretty meticulously maintained, but if I see some ugly ones on other vehicles I'll be sure to post them up.

laffman

This isn’t my Jeeps filter. This is the cabin air filter, from a 2010 Camry. I bought it to keep from racking up miles on my Jeep.

If you’ve never checked your cabin air filter, you may want to. That is several years of grossness, there.

View attachment 288894

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

:icon_crazy: I've never replaced one of those. But after seeing that, it's now on my spring cleaning list for the 2010 JK and 2011 Chevy Silverado.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I probably need to do this. Someone remind me where where the cabin air filter is?
It's right behind the glove box. On my 12 jk I had to make sure the ac or heat was running with the recirculate button pushed to access it. From what I remember there are 2 filters side by side. Make sure you get em both.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I just ordered new Fram cabin air filters from amazon last night... like $15 for both filters.... I’ve been on 3 dusty desert trips recently and headed to Glamis in a couple weeks so figured I would need it..... I turned the AC on when we were on the trail last Saturday and it blew a huge dust cloud right into everyones face... we were coughing and laughing at the same time. Lol

SDG

Caught the Bug
Not off my jeep, but off the furnace in the house we are renting... you mean you are supposed to change these?

20171109_155250.jpg

This is 4K’ish miles including the New Years run.
IMG_7895.JPG .

I’m like WJCO with air filters. They never get too bad. New cabin and engine air filters every oil change whether it needs it or not.

JAGS

Hooked
Just changed this out before the New Years run. It was only in for the third whiskey wanderlust and some daily. Maybe about 2500 miles. I learned my lesson after the first two wanderlusts. Lol

Also changed the cabin, but those were thrown out already.

IMG_4156.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
I read they sometimes don’t install from factory..... I may not either which would explain the dusty air..

Now this has me curious about mine..haha. I was blowing a lot of dust during the last Whiskey Wanderlust. I wish I had the picture of the one I replaced in my Engine. No one even knew there was one and it was changed after 13 years in service. It had gotten so clogged it actually created a whole from pulling through it.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Just checked mine..... NADA .... that explains why my cab looks like a bomb went off everytime I get off the trail... :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom