How to check beadlock ring nut torque

Guascone

Thanks, looking the wheels today I discovered a small gap between the ring and the wheel...I have to check alla the nuts torque immediatelly!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Buster3479

Have you tried sticking a feeler gauge in there? It's hard to tell from the picture if you have a large gap, small gap, or are just seeing a radiused edge. None of my beadlocks have ever fit even my smallest feeler gauge past the radius edge.

I guess I'm overly cautious with the amount of force stored in an inflated tire. I try to avoid ever being in front of a beadlock ring when changing pressure or torquing bolts. A 37" tire at 30psi has a large amount of force stored. Its enough really hurt you in the extremely unlikely event that the ring lets go when you're torquing it.

Last edited:

Buster3479

Also what wheels and tires? Some tires have notoriously thick beads, and will need pvc spacers on some wheels to avoid gaps, particularly TrailReady, and Race line from those I've run. Cooper STT Pro 40's need spacers on Raceline's from personal experience. My KMC Machete's closed up the gap on the same 40" Coopers that needed spacers on Racelines.

Most of the people I know who like Goodyear MTRs (for reason's unknown to me even after much hearty debate) also tend to need spacers on a lot of wheels.

Last edited:

Guascone

Also what wheels and tires? Some tires have notoriously thick beads, and will need pvc spacers on some wheels to avoid gaps, particularly TrailReady, and Race line from those I've run. Cooper STT Pro 40's need spacers on Raceline's from personal experience. My KMC Machete's closed up the gap on the same 40" Coopers that needed spacers on Racelines.

Most of the people I know who like Goodyear MTRs (for reason's unknown to me even after much hearty debate) also tend to need spacers on a lot of wheels.

Thanks for your feedback!
The tires are Cooper STT 35”.
The gap, considering the thickness of the ring (15mm), it could be 0,5/0.8 mm. It is present only on the rear wheels (I don’t know why)
As I written before, the bolt torque is in spec.
Unfortunately I don’t remember if the gap was already present during the first assembly of the wheels...

Nope I wouldn’t worry to much about it. I have a small gap as well due to the bead of the coopers being so thick

Thanks, for the moment I followed you suggestion...:)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RSQCON

Hi, I have a doubt...in order to check the beadlock ring nuts torque, should I defleet before the tires or not?
Only way to truly check the torque is to remove the wheel assembly from the vehicle and deflate completely. Any pressure from either air in the tire or from the weight of the vehicle could give you a false torque reading.

Top Bottom