2018 JK Rubicon Build

CVJeepin

Well got rid of the XJ and picked up a new JK. Still have the paper plates and 157 miles. Next week we’ll start taking it apart for the rebuild. Decided to go with the EVO Enforcer Stage 3 lift after reading most of what’s on this Forum for several weeks. I really hope I’m making the right choice. I plan on running 37” tires and really only need 4” of lift. I like to run around the Desert with my kids. Plan on going to MOAB, Touring on the Rubicon, and hitting the local weekend warrior trails like John Bull up in Big Bear. I ran long travel on my XJ but seems like I won’t need it on the JK for what I’m doing. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• 05B7B7B5-5212-4B06-A3EF-ADABCB74D6E0.jpg
    05B7B7B5-5212-4B06-A3EF-ADABCB74D6E0.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 441

fusion_jeff

Welcome and good luck on the build. Sounds like you are local. I am near Temecula. See you on the trails. IMG_1659.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CVJeepin

Hey thanks guys. Got everything ordered today. Went with Yukon 5:13 gears, TeraFlex 1/2” Wall front axle housing, Synergy ball joints and Tom Woods shafts. Hoping I like the 5:13 gears better than the 4:88’s. What’s everybody else running with 37’s? How are the stock lockers and Rubicon axles? Any good?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fusion_jeff

My brother is an Orthodontist out in Temecula. I visit often. Any good trails out there?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lots of little local trails and dirt roads. Some of the interesting ones are actually the poorly maintained utility trails/roads. Most notable is a ton of roads that run north and south along the Saddleback Mountain range (runs between the 15, 214, 91 & 74). Lots of neat trails up there.

There is also some cool trails starting at Cleghorn that run up to Silverwood Lake. That’s right up the 15 that is a lot of fun and varied degrees of difficulty with bypass points if you want to skip any of the more challenging paths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom