Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 JK Rubicon Build

Sorry about your results and what a great honest review ....I have heard other people mention spending a lot to get everything dialed in. And that does bother me to spend $$$$ and then try and figure it out. I am coming from a older CJ and TJ group so not a lot of JK support to speak of so using best advice online and that can be opinionated so I do appreciate your feedback a lot. Thanks hope EVO will get you dialed in and keep us up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by CVJeepin View Post
    Took it out to Johnson Valley for KOH this weekend. To be totally honest I was not impressed. Pretty bummed for the amount of money I spent on the Enforcer Stage 3 lift. Coil overs are ridiculously loud. I put in some heavier springs. Not sure what they are right now but basically 50lbs heavier on all 4 corners since I have a tire swing, 37” spare, Steel bumper, winch etc.... Suspension was very very very stiff. Spent a couple hours in the whoops trying to break everything in a bit. Front shocks seem to be ok. Much quieter and smoother than the rears. Rears got louder throughout the day. Got home and looks like I got into the bumps pretty good. Anyways, now looking at AGM sliders. Another $450 🤦🏼*♂️ I’ll try and contact EVO on Monday to see if I can get any advice on the shock setup. If not, I’ll have to find a shock tuning expert. I expected the shocks to be much closer considering it’s a “bolt-on” kit.

Don’t get discouraged, the adjustability is probably what made you excited about the system. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Keep tweaking and you’ll be in love with it.

Great job

Your rig looks great,

Don’t be bummed at the first stab at it. We, and I think I speak for a bunch of us that a build is always a work in progress no matter how much we spend. You have a great foundation to tune and build on! The choices we make are often designed by what we see, read about and perhaps experience first hand, but everyone’s idea of the function or result desired differs, so it can be a shift from expectation to an appreciation for what others experienced in their application.

I’m jelous of you starting from scratch and not having to rebuild from others mistakes/idea of what works. Keep your chin up, your Jeep is awesome and will perform beyond your expectation in areas you haven’t found yet!

Fabulous start!

Fresh Catch
    Decided to move back to the stock springs, install the AGM sliders, clock the springs and pressurize all shocks to an even 150 lbs of nitrogen. Shocks were different pressure from EVO. Not sure why.

If you get a chance post some pics of your changes on your rig. I know I would love to see them and good luck with your build hope you get it to where you want it ! Thanks for posting about your build.

Decided to move back to the stock springs, install the AGM sliders, clock the springs and pressurize all shocks to an even 150 lbs of nitrogen. Shocks were different pressure from EVO. Not sure why.

Finally added the AGM sliders, what a difference. Also checked and charged shocks to 175 which also made a noticeable difference. All were at different levels from evo. Range 115-140

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobicon2017 View Post
    Finally added the AGM sliders, what a difference. Also checked and charged shocks to 175 which also made a noticeable difference. All were at different levels from evo. Range 115-140

Thank you Just the type of info I was hoping to get. What springs are you using? Stock springs? What’s your pre-load set at? How many inches down is your pre-load ring from the top, front and rear? How far are your stop nuts above the slider? What’s your lift height? EVO says anywhere from 3-5”. I prefer closer to 3. 3 puts the shock very close to bottoming. If I can remember right I’m 2-3” max from bottoming. What size tires you running? What Bumper? What tire carrier? What sliders and fenders? What front bumper? Winch? Trying to get a sense of what type of load you typically carry. Thanks again!

Thank you Just the type of info I was hoping to get. What springs are you using? Stock springs? What’s your pre-load set at? How many inches down is your pre-load ring from the top, front and rear? How far are your stop nuts above the slider? What’s your lift height? EVO says anywhere from 3-5”. I prefer closer to 3. 3 puts the shock very close to bottoming. If I can remember right I’m 2-3” max from bottoming. What size tires you running? What Bumper? What tire carrier? What sliders and fenders? What front bumper? Winch? Trying to get a sense of what type of load you typically carry. Thanks again!

Dammmm. Let me publish a novel real quick lol. I’ll get started on the in a few. Rotating tires right. Now.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobicon2017 View Post
    Dammmm. Let me publish a novel real quick lol. I’ll get started on the in a few. Rotating tires right. Now.

Thanks bud.

Thanks bud.

Well here’s what I have done to my coilovers:

Coils are stock 250/250 front and 200/250 rear.
    Front preload is 1 3/4 on both sides with 175 psi all around
    Rear preload is about 1”
    Timing rings on front are up a ways because both springs are 250lb.
    Rear timing rings are set around 1”

I’m running stock rims with 1.5” spacers and Nitto 35x12.50’s. Factory recon bumpers front and rear. Front has warn vr10000 back has a linked AEV swing out carrier.

On a normal day the jeep is caring minimal gear. Small tool box and recovery gear.

IMG_2548.JPGIMG_2549.JPGIMG_2553.JPGIMG_2554.JPGIMG_2564.JPGIMG_2556.JPGIMG_2552.JPGIMG_2566.JPG

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast