Center Console Lid Removal ....

Creepy Neville

Does anyone have any idea on how to remove the center console lid in a 2016 JK ?

I know I can purchase the lid separately from the console - so it must come off - any ideas?

Thanks ....

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Does anyone have any idea on how to remove the center console lid in a 2016 JK ?

I know I can purchase the lid separately from the console - so it must come off - any ideas?

Thanks ....

Pretty sure it’s just screws holing it on.......

jonathanbottoms

The dealership quoted my something like $700 to replace my broken console lid/latch/key cylinder assembly so I could use my current key to lock & unlock it.. I'll personally be replacing my entire assembly with the tuffy security console instead

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The dealership quoted my something like $700 to replace my broken console lid/latch/key cylinder assembly so I could use my current key to lock & unlock it.. I'll personally be replacing my entire assembly with the tuffy security console instead

Our lock actually stopped working one day. I took it apart and just put some lithium grease on the plastic parts and it fixed it. You could actually watch two pieces of dirty plastic binding. If ours ever stops working completely, we'll likely do the Tuffy option as well, Mopar way too much.

Creepy Neville

Yep -

That’s the diagram I saw - I think the piece labeled ‘11’ has to come off first - ‘just wondering if anyone has actually taken one of these thing apart.

And yes - according to the parts dept. at my local dealership - the cost is obscene ....

jonathanbottoms

Our lock actually stopped working one day. I took it apart and just put some lithium grease on the plastic parts and it fixed it. You could actually watch two pieces of dirty plastic binding. If ours ever stops working completely, we'll likely do the Tuffy option as well, Mopar way too much.
Nice fix! Unfortunately, I managed to snap the actual latch itself. And since the latch and lid are one piece.. I was SOL haha

Top Bottom