Please Help My Wife Get Into the Jeep

QDman

Hello new friends!

I've searched the forums with no luck, so I'm hoping you can help me out.

I drove a stock 2004 TJ for 10 years. My wife, who has had both hips replaced, had only a little trouble getting in and no trouble getting out.

I picked up a 2015 JK last month, with larger tires and a 2" boost. It sits about 4" higher than the TJ, and now my wife can't get in. :grayno:

I've taken a tiny step stool and cut it down to about a 4-5" height and it works ok, but it's a bit cumbersome. Getting out is still not a problem.

Anything I mount to the frame/body would be too high for her to step on unless it folds down to about 4" AGL.

Any ideas? I'd really like to make her Jeeping experience as pleasant as possible.

Thanks in advance. :clap2:

What about an RV style step?
IMG_1495.JPG

Would be simple enough and folds up into its case. Depending on what kind of wheeling you do wouldn’t be in too much danger.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

If you don't plan on wheeling it too hard, there are some nice electric steps out there. They look like sliders but a step automatically folds down when you unlock the Jeep.

WJCO

Meme King
I think there's a few companies that make a stirrup style step that you can throw back in the Jeep after you get it. Here's just a quick random photo I found on the web. You could probably even build one custom if you needed it longer:

cowboy-stirrup-step-sold-individually-66.gif

Brute

Hooked
AMP powersteps...I put them on for my wife on the Anvil...personally, I dislike them, and may not work if you whack them hard on a rock...but my wife loves them. I removed them when I did the Rubicon a couple years ago and installed real rock rails...then reinstalled them afterwards. Now that I shipped the Anvil to Hawaii and it's my daily driver, I'm going to remove them again and put back the Poison Spyder rails on...if you want to pay shipping from Hawaii, you can have them

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I think there's a few companies that make a stirrup style step that you can throw back in the Jeep after you get it. Here's just a quick random photo I found on the web. You could probably even build one custom if you needed it longer:

View attachment 289216

Whoop, day it is! Have also seen the stirrup bolted to the front seat mounting bolt. Tie a string/rope to it and pull it back into the cabin after you’re on board. I’m guessing a few folks have reached out to retrieve the stirrup and fallen right back out. Doh!

Here you go, simple and easy! My mother in law is staying with us for a while and she is vertically challenged at 4’11 and has a bad back. She always complained about getting in and out of my Jeep. I purchased a folding step stool and a small dog retractable leash. It works and no more complaining lol!

IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1932.JPG
IMG_1934.JPG
IMG_1938.JPG

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Here you go, simple and easy! My mother in law is staying with us for a while and she is vertically challenged at 4’11 and has a bad back. She always complained about getting in and out of my Jeep. I purchased a folding step stool and a small dog retractable leash. It works and no more complaining lol!

View attachment 289242
View attachment 289243
View attachment 289244
View attachment 289245

Lol. I did the same for my wife but she's embarrassed to use it. 😂😂

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Hello new friends!

I've searched the forums with no luck, so I'm hoping you can help me out.

I drove a stock 2004 TJ for 10 years. My wife, who has had both hips replaced, had only a little trouble getting in and no trouble getting out.

I picked up a 2015 JK last month, with larger tires and a 2" boost. It sits about 4" higher than the TJ, and now my wife can't get in. :grayno:

I've taken a tiny step stool and cut it down to about a 4-5" height and it works ok, but it's a bit cumbersome. Getting out is still not a problem.

Anything I mount to the frame/body would be too high for her to step on unless it folds down to about 4" AGL.

Any ideas? I'd really like to make her Jeeping experience as pleasant as possible.

Thanks in advance. :clap2:

I just purchased these below and I'm in the process of installing them. ROCRALR on here has a set and he absolutely loves them. He said the main reason he bought them was because his wife couldn't get up in the Jeep because it's at so high which is the same reason I bought mine.
These are a 12 inch drop down step and These steps will hold up to 600 + pounds. They might be expensive but these are rated at a trail five and below. If you want to get more crazy than that you can add the extra armor which doubles the thickness of them for an extra $500 which is what I did. The AMP Research steps as stated here from what I have heard are not very good at all. And they don't hold up when you're out Wheeling.
I think these style have super bad actual use reviews somewhere on this site where the motors always fail.

Not sure how low they go but could work.
View attachment 289217

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

QDman

So many great ideas! :clap2:

Thanks, friends. I'll show these to my wife and see if anything catches her eye.

Gbint

CODE]

BobNH

That stirrup system WJCO posted is a great and easy to work with option. It is the better version of what my response was going to be, which is rope through a solid short lentgh of pipe with both ends of the rope mounted in the Jeep. His is certainly the better looking version.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

erik932

View attachment 289242
View attachment 289243
View attachment 289244
View attachment 289245

This is genius [emoji23][emoji23]

Top Bottom