Someone speaks against something the almighty Eddie says and it's bash time

ORO

Ran across this discussion today and maybe it has already been covered, but it's not exactly true anymore (maybe it was when they first came out?)

I just installed the U44 and it definitely has heavier C ends than my Sport Dana 30 or my Rubicon Dana 44. The bottom half is just a little larger, but the top half is way beefier.

When choosing a front axle I went straight to Dana, explained what I used my Jeep for etc. and they gave me the pitch on the U44 and said the C's were heavier, blah blah blah, so I bit. Then I read this on this forum (and others) the C's were the same and got all freaked out that I had made the wrong choice. I'm not sure why Dana chose not to include the very important part of beefed up C's in their advertising on the U44?

Just wanted to throw that info out there, cause it would have kept me from buying it if I had read anything about the C's being exactly the same beforehand.
I don't feel it was a bad purchase for the money spent ($3K to my door) for what I do anyway.

This thread was originally posted here:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/43061-Front-Dana-Ultimate-44-on-a-2013-Unlimited

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Ran across this discussion today and maybe it has already been covered, but it's not exactly true anymore (maybe it was when they first came out?)

I just installed the U44 and it definitely has heavier C ends than my Sport Dana 30 or my Rubicon Dana 44. The bottom half is just a little larger, but the top half is way beefier.

When choosing a front axle I went straight to Dana, explained what I used my Jeep for etc. and they gave me the pitch on the U44 and said the C's were heavier, blah blah blah, so I bit. Then I read this on this forum (and others) the C's were the same and got all freaked out that I had made the wrong choice. I'm not sure why Dana chose not to include the very important part of beefed up C's in their advertising on the U44?

Just wanted to throw that info out there, cause it would have kept me from buying it if I had read anything about the C's being exactly the same beforehand.
I don't feel it was a bad purchase for the money spent ($3K to my door) for what I do anyway.

You probably got something similar to this: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/43432-Rubicon-Recon-Edition-quot-Stronger-front-axle-quot

ORO

Did you pay $3k just for the housing or the entire set up?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Complete (minus knuckles, rotors brakes etc) in 4.88 gearing with locker to my door. Not sure if I can post where on this forum, but pm me and I'll give you the details. Don't want to break any rules being the new guy.

WJCO

Meme King
Complete (minus knuckles, rotors brakes etc) in 4.88 gearing with locker to my door. Not sure if I can post where on this forum, but pm me and I'll give you the details. Don't want to break any rules being the new guy.

What rules would you be breaking by posting about how your axle was built? :thinking:

ORO

Maybe try READING the rules you were required to agree to in order to become a member here. That way you can be sure what you can and can’t post.

https://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow... I read the rules and didn't see anything specific about posting a link to a vendor I purchased from. Thanks for the reception, when just trying to help. Now I'm starting to see how the U44 bashing got started here. Bunch of web wheelers passing on info they read on the internet.

Lets see if this get deleted... LOL!!!

Ddays

Hooked
Wow... I read the rules and didn't see anything specific about posting a link to a vendor I purchased from. Thanks for the reception, when just trying to help. Now I'm starting to see how the U44 bashing got started here. Bunch of web wheelers passing on info they read on the internet.

*sigh* and here comes the typical "you guys are wrong not me thanks for the warm welcome" bullshit that is always spewed by you types. :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow... I read the rules and didn't see anything specific about posting a link to a vendor I purchased from.

Exactly! In spite of what you chose to believe, we have NO rules regarding posting up links to vendors and you would have known as much had you just READ our rules. :naw:

Thanks for the reception, when just trying to help.

Of course you were "just trying to help". Because a thread that hasn't been posted on in almost a year clearly means that people were dying for someone like you to chime in with their vast knowledge. :rolleyes2:

Now I'm starting to see how the U44 bashing got started here.

Right, because anything that doesn't praise what you've chosen to buy = "bashing". :naw:

Bunch of web wheelers passing on info they read on the internet.

Yup, ya got me. I'm just a web wheeler and only pass on info I've read on the internet. Clearly, the FNG who dug up a crusty old thread to make his very first post on and to defend the precious axle he chose to buy is the one who should be listened to. :yup:

Right, because that's what it may or may not say in the rules :crazyeyes:

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for the reception, when just trying to help.

Ummm, We tried helping as well. Even provided a link for you so you could VERIFY the rules. Reading is tough in today's culture, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Now I'm starting to see how the U44 bashing got started here. Bunch of web wheelers passing on info they read on the internet.

We don't delete threads here, but I'll be glad to advise you to go fuck yourself :thumb:

jesse3638

Hooked

See You Next Tuesday!

ORO

Exactly! In spite of what you chose to believe, we have NO rules regarding posting up links to vendors and you would have known as much had you just READ our rules. :naw:

Of course you were "just trying to help". Because a thread that hasn't been posted on in almost a year clearly means that people were dying for someone like you to chime in with their vast knowledge. :rolleyes2:

Right, because anything that doesn't praise what you've chosen to buy = "bashing". :naw:

Yup, ya got me. I'm just a web wheeler and only pass on info I've read on the internet. Clearly, the FNG who dug up a crusty old thread to make his very first post on and to defend the precious axle he chose to buy is the one who should be listened to. :yup:

Right, because that's what it may or may not say in the rules :crazyeyes:

I think you guys just proved my point... Someone speaks against something the almighty Eddie says and it's bash time. You know your stuff I'll give you that, but you are definitely a Douchebag.

NOW go ahead and ban me... I broke a rule officially. Unlike WJCO and the go fuck myself comment. Clearly mature adults running this place.

Anyone still interested in the info.... Northridge 4x4 $2995

WJCO

Meme King
Someone speaks against something the almighty Eddie says and it's bash time.

Who spoke against Eddie and who bashed? Go back and READ again.

NOW go ahead and ban me... I broke a rule officially.

Ban yourself. Get lost. What rule did you break?

Unlike WJCO and the go fuck myself comment.

Yet you still came back.

Congrats on the new axle and the price! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think you guys just proved my point... Someone speaks against something the almighty Eddie says and it's bash time.

:cheesy: No, I think you just proved my point... you don't like what others have to say about what you chose to buy and so they must be "bashing" it. You are reminded to read rules instead of ASSUMING what they say and you get butthurt.

You know your stuff I'll give you that, but you are definitely a Douchebag.

So I've been told. But, by your own account, I at least know my stuff. You on the other hand, well, the only thing you know how to do is get all butthurt just because other people don't like the products you've chosen to buy. :yup:

NOW go ahead and ban me... I broke a rule officially. Unlike WJCO and the go fuck myself comment. Clearly mature adults running this place.

:yawn37: NOW, go ban yourself. You seem to know my rules better than me. Clearly, you're a self-proclaimed adult - behave like one and run along.

Nobody here is interested in paying $3000 for and axle that still has Dana 30 2.5" tubes and boogers for plug welds. :naw:

ORO

:cheesy: No, I think you just proved my point... you don't like what others have to say about what you chose to buy and so they must be "bashing" it. You are reminded to read rules instead of ASSUMING what they say and you get butthurt.

:cheesy: So I've been told. But, by your own account, I at least know my stuff. You on the other hand, well, the only thing you know how to do is get all butthurt just because other people don't like the products you've chosen to buy. :yup:

NOW, go ban yourself. You seem to know my rules better than me. Clearly, you're a self-proclaimed adult - behave like one and run along.

Nobody here is interested in paying $3000 for and axle that still has Dana 30 2.5" tubes and boogers for plug welds.

I guess everyone on this thread was a dumb ass for buying one then huh??? Again... Must be nice to be soooo much smarter than everyone?

I keep logging on to see if you have banned me yet, so you must be enjoying this as much as I am. Whatcha got for me now??? I got allllll day!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I guess everyone on this thread was a dumb ass for buying one then huh??? Again... Must be nice to be soooo much smarter than everyone?

I keep logging on to see if you have banned me yet, so you must be enjoying this as much as I am. Whatcha got for me now??? I got allllll day!

Quit being lame and chill out.. no one is getting banned.

You also should have done more research before spending all that money on those axles.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

How long does mommy let you play on the internet?

Top Bottom