Hello all

Lakerat

New to the site. I came across it searching for parts for my 2013 JKU Sahara. Just had a bit of bad luck and my entire front axle assembly bit the dust. I'm looking to upgrade the front to a D44. If I can't find one reasonably soon, I'll also consider putting in another D30.

This site will be great to help me look for a mild lift as well. 2-3"

Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
New to the site. I came across it searching for parts for my 2013 JKU Sahara. Just had a bit of bad luck and my entire front axle assembly bit the dust. I'm looking to upgrade the front to a D44. If I can't find one reasonably soon, I'll also consider putting in another D30.

Thanks!

Likely a Dynatrac ProRock is your best option if you want quality for the price. What size tires are you running?

fiend

Caught the Bug

Thanks!

Do you offroad the jeep?

What’s the reason you need to replace the axle?

What are your goals for the jeep?

What’s your budget?

Lakerat

What size tires are you running?
Stock, but (was) ready to purchase 275/70R18

Do you offroad the jeep?
Not often. If so, it would be some mild trails.

What’s the reason you need to replace the axle?
Inner axle bearing failed and with this cold weather I didn't notice the diff fluid leaking out on the passenger side. The other day I noticed it was difficult to steer and saw the fluid all over the inside of the tire. I think the differential was about to seize up completely. I took it to a local shop and he showed me what was up...glitter all over the inside housing and the axle housing was slightly bent and that the pressure probably caused the bearing to fail prematurely. I bought the Jeep 5 months ago knowing that it had been in a wreck. Unfortunately, that was missed when the repairs were made. His recommendation was to buy a used front axle assembly. He's familiar with Jeep mods and said I could find either a direct replacement or find a Rubicon front D44 and put it in. He wasn't sure, but he said it might need a new driveshaft with a D44. It was also mentioned that an air pump would be needed for the stock locker.

What are your goals for the jeep?
Right now it's to get it running. It's my daily driver and I'll need it working again by Monday.
What can I do?? Remove both axles from the assembly and put back together? I was going to try that and see. I'll have to make due with 2WD until I can find a used replacement.

What’s your budget?
I had about $1300 saved for tires, but that's going to get used to fix the front end.

JKU007FL

Welcome. I would check local market for a used diff or maybe even here, so many people in WAL claim that they run Dynatrac that someone must have o know who may have a D44.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom