Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 37's, Axles and upgrades

It can but it's a hi pinion and a rear low pinion would be much stronger and when in Rome...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    '08 JKUR 3.8L (low output), Auto, Bully Dog GT, AFE intake
    EVO DTD w/ Hi Clearance long arms
    37x13.50R17 STT Pros w/ Slabs
    PR44, PR60FF
    EVO stuff
    1/4 Pounder w/ Stinger & Powerplant
    CC Body Mount

37's, Axles and upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by dillard09 View Post
    It can but it's a hi pinion and a rear low pinion would be much stronger and when in Rome...

Makes sense. I didn’t know u had high pinion rear.

37's, Axles and upgrades

When are you looking to go to 37s? And if your at all thinking of 40s then just wait. I have made this mistake... and a few other i know of.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dillard09 View Post
    I know a guy that is going to 60s and will have a pr44 and PR60SF with ARBs, and 5.13 for sale not to far in the future. If you would be interested in a setup like that.
    Also possible a pr44 with Rubi internals and a hi pinion Pr60FF with ARB and 5.38 setup for DTD closer to the summertime for sale.
    Both setup would be great for 37s.
    What motor do you have? 3.6 or 3.8

I've got the 3.6... any idea how much this guy would be looking for?

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Clearskies View Post
    I've got the 3.6... any idea how much this guy would be looking for?

Which one? There are 2 sets of axles Dillards mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Savage View Post
    When are you looking to go to 37s? And if your at all thinking of 40s then just wait. I have made this mistake... and a few other i know of.

I've been thinking about the possibility that eventually I'll end up with 40's and then I'd have wasted money on the PR44's but I've been seriously Wheeling for about 6 months and loving it, but to me, going to 40's is a huge step.... I may end up wasting money but I'm just not ready to pull that trigger.
    I think I'm inclined to go the next step, get the 37's, wheel until I'm close to needing to replace them and make the decision then on 40's. Maybe I'll be happy with 37's... And it's still a DD....

Quote Originally Posted by M_Savage View Post
    When are you looking to go to 37s?

I've got at least 6 months before I'll need to make a decision.
    Most likely during the summer when I work way to much to go Wheeling.

I guess i made the same mistake of buying axle(s) twice. I bought 37s and ran them on my stock rubi44 for about a little less than a year, ended up bending the front stock housing. Bought a PR44 with Prosteer balljoints for my stock internals, regeared to 4.88, went to chromoly axle shafts, Reid knuckles, HD tie rod and draglink, and had the rear trussed.

I ended up breaking the ring gear in the rear about six months after i had them installed, not sure if i stressed them during the wheeling trip the weekend before it failed or the gears weren’t set right and finally failed after a the wheeling trip.

IMG_3590.jpg

Six months after that my front passenger side unit bearing failed, thankfully it stayed together as long as it did and the wheel didn’t just fall off.

IMG_3798.jpg

In the time that i had installed 37s on my 2013 JKUR with 45k miles (June 21, 2015), i wore out the stock unit bearings and changed them out August 2015 with Timkin unit bearings. In March 2016 i had the PR44 installed and gears done and had new Timkins installed, it was in October 2016 that the ring gear failed, and it was in April 2017 that the front unit bearing failed and i replaced them with some Duralast bearings from Autozone. I felt it was unsafe and unreliable to run 37s on the 44s i had and decided it was time to upgrade. I was originally going to run 37s on the new axles, Dynatrac Hardcore Package PR60/Pro60, and even had the 37s mounted on the new wheels, but then i wheeled with some guys on 40s and couldn’t resist a sale that discount tire had on some 40x13.5x17 trail grapplers.

If you are already thinking 40s just wait on upgrading your axles until you can do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    If you are already thinking 40s just wait on upgrading your axles until you can do it right.
    LOL, I get it. My GF already knows me too well maybe.... She said I won't be happy with anything but 40's.....

Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    I guess i made the same mistake of buying axle(s) twice. I bought 37s and ran them on my stock rubi44 for about a little less than a year, ended up bending the front stock housing. Bought a PR44 with Prosteer balljoints for my stock internals, regeared to 4.88, went to chromoly axle shafts, Reid knuckles, HD tie rod and draglink, and had the rear trussed.

I ended up breaking the ring gear in the rear about six months after i had them installed, not sure if i stressed them during the wheeling trip the weekend before it failed or the gears weren’t set right and finally failed after a the wheeling trip.

IMG_3590.jpg

Six months after that my front passenger side unit bearing failed, thankfully it stayed together as long as it did and the wheel didn’t just fall off.

IMG_3798.jpg

In the time that i had installed 37s on my 2013 JKUR with 45k miles (June 21, 2015), i wore out the stock unit bearings and changed them out August 2015 with Timkin unit bearings. In March 2016 i had the PR44 installed and gears done and had new Timkins installed, it was in October 2016 that the ring gear failed, and it was in April 2017 that the front unit bearing failed and i replaced them with some Duralast bearings from Autozone. I felt it was unsafe and unreliable to run 37s on the 44s i had and decided it was time to upgrade. I was originally going to run 37s on the new axles, Dynatrac Hardcore Package PR60/Pro60, and even had the 37s mounted on the new wheels, but then i wheeled with some guys on 40s and couldn’t resist a sale that discount tire had on some 40x13.5x17 trail grapplers.

Damn dude you are hard on equipment.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast