Belly cam install

black pearl

Hooked
Someone had mentioned I should do a wright up, for the install I did. So here goes my attempt at that.
All photos were done after the fact. I got a camera kit that included a screen and two cameras. One forward facing and one reverse camera.
I started out by running my power and A/V line through the firewall. I used the grommet to the right of the break master cylinder. IMG_1086.jpg I then installed my switch to the right of my steering column , the small toggle switch. IMG_1087.jpg I then ran my wiring up the side of the dash behind the sport cage. It could also be hidden behind the A pillar trim. IMG_1081.jpg IMG_1082.jpg IMG_1079.jpg I then placed the monitor in the spot of my likings, also in a area that I wouldn't need to take my eyes off the trail to much. IMG_1078.jpg moving under the jeep I used a stepped drill bit and drilled a 3/4" hole in the face of the transmission crossmember (the camera came with a flush mount ring) IMG_1026.jpg IMG_1083.jpg I then ran the power and A/V lines through the crossmember IMG_1084.jpg and tuck them up inside for safe keeping once plugged in IMG_1085.jpg and a shot with the monitor on. There is some white out, but I'm still able to see what the front wheels are going to hit. I placed a box about 12" in front of drivers wheel and my drill is in front of the passenger wheel. IMG_1028.jpg it's a pretty straight forward install. Hope this helps someone and makes sense [emoji16]🤙

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
This is awesome. Definitely going to try this out. Thanks for the write up. What camera did you use?

black pearl

Hooked
This is awesome. Definitely going to try this out. Thanks for the write up. What camera did you use?

I find it useful as I'm either out front or on solo trips a lot. It's also a little easier to keep track of all the rocks [emoji23]
I got a top tear pro. Not expensive I think I payed 30 bucks total.

Sahara_Maverick

That's a cool idea. Are the cameras waterproof?
I also recommend wrapping the connectors in weatherproof electrical tape. Those that came in your camera will not last long getting wet and dirty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
That's really cool. Do you have a link for the camera. I may do something like that.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I like how you installed the camera. I would waterproof the RCA connectors that come off of the camera.

I installed a waterproof forward camera when I got my new head unit because it has an input for a rear camera and a front camera. I ended up installing the forward camera under my front bumper where it’s tucked up and less likely to get damaged.
8B1A7A2B-B3C8-4995-902C-D1738B544515.jpg

There isn’t anything special about my forward camera, it’s simply a waterproof back-up camera that I bought on Amazon and installed it up front.

black pearl

Hooked
That's a cool idea. Are the cameras waterproof?
I also recommend wrapping the connectors in weatherproof electrical tape. Those that came in your camera will not last long getting wet and dirty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app
the camera is waterproof, it's been submerged more times then I'd like to admit.
Wrapping the wires is on the to do list. I mean it only took me six months to make this a permanent install, so hopefully that will be done by summer [emoji57][emoji23]

That's really cool. Do you have a link for the camera. I may do something like that.

I guess I lied I bout the two cameras separate
Backup Camera and Monitor Kit for Car, GerTong Universal Waterproof Rear View License Plate Car Backup Camera + 4.3 Inches LCD Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ID1OVRA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_YEswAbQTJE41G
Forward facing cam. #1 Best TOPTIERPRO Hidden Mini Camera - TTP-C12B Multi-Functional Car Rear View / Front View / Side View Reverse Backup Camera & Spy Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018800TR2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_zGswAb1PASJSQ

black pearl

Hooked
I like how you installed the camera. I would waterproof the RCA connectors that come off of the camera.

I installed a waterproof forward camera when I got my new head unit because it has an input for a rear camera and a front camera. I ended up installing the forward camera under my front bumper where it’s tucked up and less likely to get damaged.
View attachment 289364

There isn’t anything special about my forward camera, it’s simply a waterproof back-up camera that I bought on Amazon and installed it up front.

I thought about putting mine there, but wanted to be able to see my front dif and wheels. I started out with a reverse camera but quickly noticed that they send the video feed backwards, unless it's a model to do both.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I thought about putting mine there, but wanted to be able to see my front dif and wheels. I started out with a reverse camera but quickly noticed that they send the video feed backwards, unless it's a model to do both.

My camera sends the picture signal “backwards / as a mirror image” too. I was able to flip the image in my head unit to show the picture properly.

I also wanted to see the my axle, C’s and wheels too to help spot myself, but I didn’t think to install like you did. I like your choice of location, I may move mine in the future. Thank you for your write-up! It’s always great to see how someone else figured out how to do something.

black pearl

Hooked
Thanks. For the wiring challenged, how did you wire in the switch? Did it come with one or buy one for it. I can probably figure it out if I knew which one you used.

Power line coming from battery to switch. Then from switch to unit.
I bought the switch at a auto parts store as it didn't come with one.

black pearl

Hooked
My camera sends the picture signal “backwards / as a mirror image” too. I was able to flip the image in my head unit to show the picture properly.

I also wanted to see the my axle, C’s and wheels too to help spot myself, but I didn’t think to install like you did. I like your choice of location, I may move mine in the future. Thank you for your write-up! It’s always great to see how someone else figured out how to do something.

That's nice that you could flip the image! I didn't have that option [emoji17]

WJCO

Meme King
the camera is waterproof, it's been submerged more times then I'd like to admit.
Wrapping the wires is on the to do list. I mean it only took me six months to make this a permanent install, so hopefully that will be done by summer [emoji57][emoji23]

I guess I lied I bout the two cameras separate
Backup Camera and Monitor Kit for Car, GerTong Universal Waterproof Rear View License Plate Car Backup Camera + 4.3 Inches LCD Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ID1OVRA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_YEswAbQTJE41G
Forward facing cam. #1 Best TOPTIERPRO Hidden Mini Camera - TTP-C12B Multi-Functional Car Rear View / Front View / Side View Reverse Backup Camera & Spy Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018800TR2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_zGswAb1PASJSQ

So that front camera plugs into that monitor?

CharlesC

Thanks for the write up! Can’t figure out if something like this can be used on a stock Nav system or not[emoji848]
Looks to be handy as hell though[emoji106]

Top Bottom