Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One week in California: San Francisco e Los Angeles

One week in California: San Francisco e Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Type the address in your Iphone Map App. Select “Get Directions”... Hit the “Go” button.... then do what your phone says.

I never been in US and I don’t now how chaotic it could be the traffic or the public transportation...I saw that the car rental are very cheap instead of the taxi service and also the buses...

If you ask me if I suggest you to rent a car in Rome or use the public transportation I will strongly recommend the second solution due to the crazy traffic that there is there...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two TrailHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guascone View Post

I never been in US and I don’t now how chaotic it could be the traffic or the public transportation...I saw that the car rental are very cheap instead of the taxi service and also the buses...

If you ask me if I suggest you to rent a car in Rome or use the public transportation I will strongly recommend the second solution due to the crazy traffic that there is there...

I would rent a car and use a Map App. Thats just me. Freedom to go when & where you want. Think of driving in LA like a Jeep trail... except your obstacles are Pot Heads & Priuses.

In SoCal and most US metro areas SF included traffic isn't necessarily chaotic it's just there is a lot of it. It can take over an hour to travel just a few miles at certain times of the day. People here are always in a hurry and do tend to drive aggressively. Having never driven in any other country besides the US I hear despite it all it is still more organized than a lot of countries. If you're used to chaos you'll probably do just fine just plan ahead and give yourself lots of extra time. If I lived down near where you are staying I'd offer to be your tour guide..haha. Slavens lives close to there and is always looking for a new drinking buddy. Perhaps you can sophisticate him and teach him about wine...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks guys! I will go ahead wit the rental car...

If you are primarily staying in cities, then consider Lyft or Uber instead. Having a car in SF is going to suck big time. Parking is a hassle and is expensive. I use Lyft for business travel now and it’s awesome. Request a car and it shows up in five minutes. The cost is fairly inexpensive if your time is worth anything and you avoid expensive parking fees.

Nothing but a Thing black pearl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    If you are primarily staying in cities, then consider Lyft or Uber instead. Having a car in SF is going to suck big time. Parking is a hassle and is expensive. I use Lyft for business travel now and it’s awesome. Request a car and it shows up in five minutes. The cost is fairly inexpensive if your time is worth anything and you avoid expensive parking fees.
    I don't live far from San Francisco, every time I go I try and ditch my vehicle someplace for the day. Parking on the street is almost impossible in most parts of the city and garages can be expensive. And like LA everyone is in a hurry on narrow packed streets.
    The cable cars are fun to ride. The bus system is pretty good, but a car is nice to get out of the city to see some surrounding areas

Take what you can! Give nothing back!

One week in California: San Francisco e Los Angeles

In San Francisco for sure I will move buy public transportation...I have the hotel in the city center (union square) so I don’t think I will need the car...

Nothing but a Thing BaddestCross's Avatar
    Mass transit in LA is basically useless and expensive for the locations you're wanting to go to (LAX to Fullerton). Just rent a car. If you're staying in Santa Monica or downtown areas Uber and Lyft are fine.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    --
    Build Thread: Adventures with Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12