Going to a Long Arm.. What can I expect?

Timberman

Greetings Folks!

I am finally replacing my AEV 2.5" and going with a Long Arm kit. I've decided on the Teraflex Alpine CT4 with Falcon 3.3 shocks and I am curious as to what and how much benefit I will see once installed.

Like most of us; this Jeep spends most of its life on pavement. But... it does see its fair share of off road as well. I am going to Moab or Rubicon this year, so performance off road is equally important. I was 100% certain that the AEV 2.5 kit would fulfill all of my needs, but unfortunately it falls way short in the road manners department. The AEV does just fine off road and I like the height, but I would like to see a little more flex and better road manners which is why the decision to go with the long arm.

Basically, I am going into this with the idea that the LA will solve the road manners and give me a little better performance off road. Does that sound about right?

Also, I am being told that the Falcon shocks are close to the best thing since sliced bread.. What makes them so great?

WJCO

Meme King
but I would like to see a little more flex .... which is why the decision to go with the long arm.

Basically, I am going into this with the idea that the LA will ....... give me a little better performance off road. Does that sound about right?

No. Long arm has nothing to do with flex. Short arm will flex the same. Long arm will give you better on road quality. However I wouldn't trust a damn thing from teraflex.

Also, I am being told that the Falcon shocks are close to the best thing since sliced bread.. What makes them so great?

Who the fuck is telling you this shit? Better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings Folks!

I am finally replacing my AEV 2.5" and going with a Long Arm kit. I've decided on the Teraflex Alpine CT4 with Falcon 3.3 shocks and I am curious as to what and how much benefit I will see once installed.

Like most of us; this Jeep spends most of its life on pavement. But... it does see its fair share of off road as well. I am going to Moab or Rubicon this year, so performance off road is equally important. I was 100% certain that the AEV 2.5 kit would fulfill all of my needs, but unfortunately it falls way short in the road manners department. The AEV does just fine off road and I like the height, but I would like to see a little more flex and better road manners which is why the decision to go with the long arm.

Basically, I am going into this with the idea that the LA will solve the road manners and give me a little better performance off road. Does that sound about right?

Don't know where you've been doing your research but it definitely wasn't done here.

The only people I know who would church up anything made by TeraFlex would be a salesman who makes the most profit from selling their junk. If it isn't too late, I would highly recommend you start your research over again.

Timberman

Wow... I'm sure you must have had a bad experience with Teraflex.. I feel the same way about AEV. With regards to the falcon shocks; just about everyone I've spoken to about them speaks very highly.. My shop said they are the match made in heaven for the JK.

Better road quality from the LA.. Thanks for your input..

Sent from my SM-T820 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Most guys I wheel with are running Fox Shocks or King Shocks. TeraFlex stuff isn’t meant for hard wheeling IMHO great for mall crawlers that never wander too far from pavement. My buddy has their long arm kit and is constantly dealing with issues.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Wow... I'm sure you must have had a bad experience with Teraflex.. I feel the same way about AEV. With regards to the falcon shocks; just about everyone I've spoken to about them speaks very highly.. My shop said they are the match made in heaven for the JK.

Please, for your own benefit, before your teraflex boner reaches full extension, check this thread out: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/37869-Teraflex-Bad-rep-for-a-reason-or-isolated-cases

It's your money and your jeep, yet you are here asking for advice, so I'd feel guilty at least not disclosing this to you. Good luck regardless.

fiend

Caught the Bug

You shop will tell you what they think will make you buy the stuff they are selling. Spend some time getting input from a larger variety of sources, including from people who aren’t salesmen. Then make your decision.

Timberman

Ok.. why is Teraflex so terrible? I'm curios as my AEV lift is just not working for me any longer and I need something different. I've spent a ton of time on this and Teraflex seems to be the most complete for my needs.. I've spoken to several folks in my circles and they only speak highly of TF..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You shop will tell you what they think will make you buy the stuff they are selling. Spend some time getting input from a larger variety of sources, including from people who aren’t salesmen. Then make your decision.

This ^^^^^^^

WJCO

Meme King
Ok.. why is Teraflex so terrible? I'm curios as my AEV lift is just not working for me any longer and I need something different.

Because they sell shit products that break like a gumball machine toy. Just because the sales chick has huge knockers, your best interest isn't what they care about; you don't get a free motorboat with your purchase.

Let's start here: What size tires do you plan on running and what do you use your Jeep for primarily?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Ok.. why is Teraflex so terrible? I'm curios as my AEV lift is just not working for me any longer and I need something different. I've spent a ton of time on this and Teraflex seems to be the most complete for my needs.. I've spoken to several folks in my circles and they only speak highly of TF..

Click on the link in post #6.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I have personally installed and run a myriad of their products - ALL of them I found to be sub-standard. I have personally seen multiple tire carriers break and they blamed it on installer error. I have personally seen multiple track bars break, long arm brackets break including on their own JK and have replaced so many blown out bushing that they gave me a box of repair kits. It's your money and your Jeep and you should buy whatever it is your salesman is trying to sell you but you're the one who's asking. We're just sharing what we've seen.

Ddays

Hooked
If you haven't made your purchase yet, I'd highly recommend looking again at kits. Specifically, I'd look at a kit that has the Johnny Joints on the arms. I researched LA kits myself and ended up going with an Evo kit. I wasn't crazy about the radius arms that Currie and Clayton use on their front arms. I had Rock Krawler kit on and wasn't crazy with their arms, specifically the design of their joints. They are a son of a bitch to keep straight when you install 'em. Metalcloak and Teraflex I wouldn't run if they were free. There are others but for my money EVO had the best kit.

Still, its your money, but a LA kit is pretty much a permanent change to your Jeep and its not cheap. Choose wisely!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can't make this shit up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break

main.php

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/5169-TeraFlex-Front-Track-Bar-Breaks

attachment.php

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Every shop will push terrorflex because it’s cheap Chinese crap and they can make the most money on it. And idiots will buy it.

Top Bottom