Aligning w/ Method Racing Wheels

devwil68

I have the Method Racing Double Standards (imitation beadlocks). Given the nature if the rim, they are unable the attach the alignment tools at the dealership, has anybody ever run into a shop not being able to align their jk due to this issue?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming you're Jeep is still stock, there is nothing for an alignment shop to do other than take your money. Do yourself a favor and not worry about it :yup:

E-man

I'm running Double Standards and my alignment shop's fixtures fit just fine. Sounds like you need to take it somewhere else.

ttfhell

Same wheels with 37's, no problem where I took it in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

I have the Method Racing Double Standards (imitation beadlocks). Given the nature if the rim, they are unable the attach the alignment tools at the dealership, has anybody ever run into a shop not being able to align their jk due to this issue?

Sounds like they don't know what they are doing, take it else where or fallow Eddies DIY!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First off, you DO NOT need an alignment just because you installed new wheels and tires. In fact, if you have a stock JK, there is nothing a shop can align. Your toe will not have changed and your steering wheel will not have moved off center. A stock Jeep has no adjustments that you can make to the caster or camber and so really, the most a shop can do is take numbers and hand you a bill.

devwil68

397698_827839301796_1534830257_n.jpg

Its not a stock JK by any means...but i went out to the shop with them when they tried to mount the sensors...there was no way they were going to be able to mount them...we even tried mounting it within the trim ring. Ill see if i can get a pick and show you what im talking about later. They ended up doing it the "Old Fashioned" way with a tap and a scrib....seem to be ok, but just wondered if you guys had this problem too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 17193

Its not a stock JK by any means...but i went out to the shop with them when they tried to mount the sensors...there was no way they were going to be able to mount them...we even tried mounting it within the trim ring. Ill see if i can get a pick and show you what im talking about later. They ended up doing it the "Old Fashioned" way with a tap and a scrib....seem to be ok, but just wondered if you guys had this problem too.

Okay, I looked at your avatar and your profile and didn't see anything that would suggest that you were modified. Still, having said that, you can ONLY align what you have components that allow for adjustment. You cannot adjust caster without adjustable front lower or upper control arms, you can't adjust camber as you have a solid axle and unless your tie rod got bent, there would be no need for a toe adjustment. After lifting your JK, a re-centering of your steering wheel would be necessary but, that's something you can do on your own and in minutes.

This write-up will help you out:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

devwil68

Okay, I looked at your avatar and your profile and didn't see anything that would suggest that you were modified. Still, having said that, you can ONLY align what you have components that allow for adjustment. You cannot adjust caster without adjustable front lower or upper control arms, you can't adjust camber as you have a solid axle and unless your tie rod got bent, there would be no need for a toe adjustment. After lifting your JK, a re-centering of your steering wheel would be necessary but, that's something you can do on your own and in minutes.

This write-up will help you out:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

Yea, kinda freaked out when i saw my steering wheel in 180* of what it was originally. But that is all worked out now...thanks for your input! I do appreciate it!

Top Bottom