JL vs JK

wjtstudios

Hooked
I client of mine who works for FCA brought his JL over! Got to drive it and compare it to mine for about 30 minutes. It’s amazing how big it is. He is on 35s with a 2” lift and high clearance fenders. He has more clearance in his wheels wells out of the dealership than I do with a 4.5” lift. IMG_8608.jpg IMG_8607.jpg IMG_8612.jpg IMG_8614.jpg IMG_8615.jpg IMG_8623.jpg IMG_8619.jpg IMG_8610.jpg IMG_8617.jpg

It was 10 degrees out so I didn’t get a chance to really get into the mechanicals of it. Driving it, the interior updates are inane, but the ride is similar to the JK rubicon in feel. I can grab some more pictures tomorrow when I see him. Let me know if there are any shots you guys want.

I still can get over how big it was off “the lot”. It’s taller than mine on 37s with a 4.5 lift. Crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Holy fuck. That wheel well clearance. Guess 40s will be a thing of the past. Need to start looking at 42s minimum, with really low gears.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Holy fuck. That wheel well clearance. Guess 40s will be a thing of the past. Need to start looking at 42s minimum, with really low gears.

With some trimming, possibly! It did look like the factory rock rails would rub even with 37s flexed. But I was impressed that they did push the rails out for more protection.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_8615.jpg

Sahara_Maverick

Quite interesting. Thanks for the side by side OP.

Your Jeep is lifted 4in and the JL only 2in? The side-by-side photo makes them having the same clearance. So, it seems that Jeep moved things up.

The side-by-side photo also shows that they moved the fenders up a bit, which would explain a similar clearance even with it lifted 2.5in less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Quite interesting. Thanks for the side by side OP.

Your Jeep is lifted 4in and the JL only 2in? The side-by-side photo makes them having the same clearance. So, it seems that Jeep moved things up.

The side-by-side photo also shows that they moved the fenders up a bit, which would explain a similar clearance even with it lifted 2.5in less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

It has the JL high clearance fenders. So there’s a lot more clearance there alone. Atleast 2”! So no more trimming the fenders unless your going to 42s.

For sure the scale is bigger too. The center line ground clearance was quite a bit lower than my JK. I didn’t measure it, but it was inches. So the vertical height of the frame and cabin is taller. But the hoods on both vehicles almost lined up. So the I think the entire JL grew up a couple inches.

I think it really needs 37s to fill out those wheel wells though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom