Shimmy at 60 after axle swap Thoughts?????

Ny in az

Had swap done at shop had shimmy when I picked it up and they changed lower control arm location and tightened them up and it went away. After a 12 hr ride home shimmy is back at the same speed and rechecked everything nothing loose and had tire balance checked and they're fine. No idea what it could be. Had tie rod and drag link upgrade done at the same time as the swap* Thoughts???

wjtstudios

Hooked
What size tires are you running. Shimmy’s are usually a result of a tire being out of balance. I know you said you already had them done, but I’ve had to have my 37s rebalance multiple times to get them smoothed out. Start there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Start the jeep up and have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth while you look for play underneath. Wherever there is movement, that's where you're problem will likely be. Check that track bar bolts are torqued to 125 ft lbs.

Ny in az

Start the jeep up and have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth while you look for play underneath. Wherever there is movement, that's where you're problem will likely be. Check that track bar bolts are torqued to 125 ft lbs.
tightened bolts weren't at 125 but are they are now Thx

maskale

Jack tire up and grab opposite sides, try and wiggle back and forth. grab at 9 and 3 and also at 12 and 6 o'clock.

I had a shimmy after a new axle install. it was new hub to hub, all suspension and steering was new, tires even. It ended up being a brand new unit bearing that was loose. It felt good in the hand, but with the wheel on you could fell it was loose.

Top Bottom