It’s a WAYALIFE and what a Wayalife it is.

On a whim I decided to load up the Jeep, contact a friend from a local forum and head out west. After spending last weekend with our group in the Mojave, I was itching to get back out and explore some more.

Being that I’m familiar with the Pony Express trail, that’s where I decided to start from with no real plan in mind.

Yeah, he’s in a Tacoma but he’s a good friend and a fellow 4wheeler so I let it slide this one time [emoji12]

IMG_0049.jpg

After airing down we headed out.

A Utah super highway. Clear blue skies and 45 degrees. Not a bad way to spend a January Sunday
IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

Couldn’t resist
IMG_0066.JPG

We were going to break from the normal rout and head south towards Delta and the Topaz range. But being that my friend had never been out west, he asked if I could take him the rest of the rout.

We made quick work of the Pony Express. Covering it in just under 4 hours. Or at least to the town of gold hill. This time I wasn’t as creeped out (much earlier in the day than last) so we decided to have a look around.

I wonder what people do here. Or at least the whole 3 residents that remain.
IMG_0069.JPG

Believe it or not, this trailer was for sale. Can’t imagine why [emoji849]
IMG_0067.jpg

The old town general store. Seems like a good local hangout
IMG_0070.jpg
IMG_0071.jpg
IMG_0072.jpg

This was hung on the outside and from the looks of it, it’s been here about as long as the shop.
IMG_0073.jpg
This looked to be either an old trailer or food stand.
IMG_0075.jpg

Someone left the fridge open
IMG_0076.jpg
Who’s hungry
IMG_0077.jpg

One last poser shot before we head out of town
IMG_0079.jpg
After fueling up in Wendover and airing up our tires. We parted ways and head back to salt lake. Just as I was nearing tooele I remembered a post Eddie and Cindy made about their long trek back home from EJS and how they had to make a detour. Needles to say I knew about where they went and decided to give it a go.

Found it. It was just off the highway and a short little departure. But I somehow felt miles away.
IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg
Working my way up the ridge to the top.
IMG_0089.jpg
Look familiar?
IMG_0092.jpg
Because Jeep
IMG_0091.jpg
Yep. Right at home.
IMG_0101.JPG

And that my friends is all I have. Being inspired by so many and getting to be a part of the group last week has certainly breathed new life into a tired soul. And I suppose I was feeling a bit inspired by Eddie and Cindy to take this drive and this little detour if nothing else than to feel that freedom that this WAYALIFE is all about.

Thanks all. Too nice of a day to spend it inside. Especially with some bad weather in the forecast.

There is so much to explore out there that there will likely be many more trips out there this year.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Awesome little adventure! Wish I was a little closer to the open spaces to be able to do something like this more often!

Top Bottom