Rockjock vs. ProRock 44

Wazzier

Hey guys, I did search this before hand and couldn’t find much.

So I am actually pretty confident in my D30 but I can get a steal of a deal on a RJ44 or a decent deal on a PR44 (just housings) can do all labour myself.

Is the PR design really worth almost double the money of the RJ design? Looking into them the Dynatrac axle seems to have stronger C’s and better ground clearance.

Another major factor is the use of custom inner shafts. This would be costly for spares. TJ Rubicon inners I believe?

Thoughts?

Cheers.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug

So I am actually pretty confident in my D30 but I can get a steal of a deal on a RJ44 or a decent deal on a PR44 (just housings) can do all labour myself.

Is the PR design really worth almost double the money of the RJ design? Looking into them the Dynatrac axle seems to have stronger C’s and better ground clearance.

Another major factor is the use of custom inner shafts. This would be costly for spares. TJ Rubicon inners I believe?

Thoughts?

Cheers.
The RJ44 is a stout axle also with bigger Cs and larger thicker tubes. The biggest benefit to the PR44 vs RJ44 is the high ground clearance design of the PR44 housing. The RJ44 housing is the same shape as factory one.

The PR44 also has thicker tubes if you get that option and I would highly recommend it. I believe the RJ44 is .375 wall vs PR44 has the .5 wall if u get them.

Both are made in USA in sunny Cali.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Just a quick internet search shows the prices to be comparable. Looks like the ProRock Unlimited tubes are thicker. Also I don't see anywhere on Currie's site, where it says the axle is made here in the USA. I'm not saying it's not, but I didn't see it proudly advertised there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thoughts?

Cheers.

I dunno. I ran my TJ on the factory Dana 30 and 35's with chromoly shafts and full circle clips for a long time and without any issues. If budget is a concern, I might just stick with what you have.

Top Bottom